The University of Queensland is offering free online course on English Grammar and Style. This 8 weeks course is for everyone which helps to confidently respond to the unprecedented and accelerating demand for high levels of literacy that has arisen in the 21st century.
In this free online course applicants will learn how to reliably identify the roles and relationships of words in a sentence and have mastery of grammatical concepts and syntactical strategies. The course starts on February 27, 2017.
Course At A Glance
Length: 8 weeks course
Effort: 4 hours/week
Subject: English Grammar and Style
Institution: University of Queensland’s & edX.
Certificate Available: Yes. Verified Certificate for $ 99
Session: Starts February 27, 2017
The University of Queensland, Australia, is one of the world’s premier teaching and research institutions. It is consistently ranked in the top 100 universities globally, has more areas of specialized research considered above world standard than any other Australian university and has won the most awards for university teaching in the country.
edX offers amazing quality classes by the best professors from the best schools. edX mission is to increase access to high-quality education for everyone, everywhere.
About This Course
With the rise of social media and the Internet, many people are writing more today for different mediums than ever before. The university presents materials that cover grammatical principles, word usage, writing style, sentence and paragraph structure, and punctuation. University introduces applicants to some marvelous resources that we have annotated for their guidance. edX shows the video clips of interviews conducted with distinguished grammarians, challenge applicants with quizzes and writing activities that will give you strategies to help you to build skills that will enhance the quality of their writing, and invite them to participate in discussions and assess the work of their peers.
Why Take This Course?
Applicants will be offered this free online course in the English language.
Video Transcripts are also available in English. Applicants will get a verified certificate to highlight the knowledge and skills they gain.
- How to reliably identify the roles and relationships of words in a sentence
- Mastery of grammatical concepts and syntactical strategies
- How to apply this knowledge to produce coherent, economical, and compelling writing
- Skills in critiquing and editing your own and others’ writing
Associate Professor Roslyn Petelin convenes the post-graduate Writing, Editing, & Publishing (WEP) Program in the School of Communication and Arts.
Amber Gwynne is a researcher, writer, and editor currently working on a PhD at The University of Queensland.
Megan Porter likes poetry, science fiction, and learning new things, though not necessarily in that order.
English as a first language
How To Join This Course
- Go to the course website link
- Create an edX account to SignUp
- Choose “Register Now” to get started.
- EdX offers honor code certificates of achievement, verified certificates of achievement, and XSeries certificates of achievement. Currently, verified certificates are only available in some courses.
- Once you sign up for a course and activate your account, click on the Log In button on the edx.org home page and type in your email address and edX password. This will take you to your dashboard, with access to each of your active courses. (Before a course begins, it will be listed on your dashboard but will not yet have a “view course” option).