The University of Queensland is offering free online course on Leading the Organization. This course is intended for professionals and managers seeking new leadership responsibilities, those transitioning between leadership roles or organizations, as well as current leaders of organizations.
In this eight week course, applicants will learn effective strategies for developing, articulating, and implementing organizational change initiatives that can help lead your organization to success. This course will start on January 15, 2018.
Course At A Glance
Length: 8 weeks
Effort: 8-10 hours pw
Subject: Business & Management
Institution: The University of Queensland and edx
Certificate Available: Yes, Add a Verified Certificate for $249
Session: Course Starts on January 15, 2018
The University of Queensland (UQ), Australia, is one of the world’s premier teaching and research institutions. Striving for excellence through the creation, preservation, transfer and application of knowledge UQ ranks in the top 50 Universities as measured by the QS World University Rankings.
About This Course
University will challenge you to apply your learning in a realistic simulation based on real world leadership experiences. Key topics include:
- Articulating vision
- Decision making
- Strategy development
- Change management
Why Take This Course?
This course is intended for professionals and managers seeking new leadership responsibilities, those transitioning between leadership roles or organizations, as well as current leaders of organizations. Our faculty and industry experts will teach you the critical concepts to help you better understand, operate, and thrive in leadership roles in your organization.
- How to prepare for and assume a leadership role
- Determining an organization’s current situation and a vision for its future
- Developing a strategy, a team, and a culture for success
- Sustaining your organization for the challenges ahead
Richard O’Quinn, LTC USA (Ret) is a PhD candidate at the University of Queensland Business School where he is researching leader practice of strategic decision-making.
- English writing/reading proficiency (required)
- Some experience in managing people (recommended)
How To Join This Course
- Go to the course website link
- Create an edX account to SignUp
- Choose “Register Now” to get started.
- EdX offers honor code certificates of achievement, verified certificates of achievement, and XSeries certificates of achievement. Currently, verified certificates are only available in some courses.
- Once applicant sign up for a course and activate their account, click on the Log In button on the edx.org homepage and type in their email address and edX password. This will take them to the dashboard, with access to each of their active courses. (Before a course begins, it will be listed on their dashboard but will not yet have a “view course” option.)