UNSW Sydney is offering free online course on Introduction to Educational Design in Higher Education. This course is suitable for teachers, educational designers and those supporting learning and teaching within higher education.
Students learn best when they are actively engaged: when they interact with their peers, tutors and course resources, when they are reflective and have opportunities to apply this knowledge. This course will start on August 21, 2017.
Course At Glance
Length: 3 weeks
Effort: 4 hours/week
Subject: Introduction to Educational Design in Higher Education
Institution: UNSW Sydney and Future learn
Certificate Available: Yes
Session: Course starts on August 21, 2017
UNSW has a proud tradition of sustained innovation, focusing on areas critical to our future – from climate change and renewable energies to lifesaving medical treatments and breakthrough technologies. In the social sciences, UNSW research informs policy and expert commentary in key issues facing society ranging from human rights and constitutional recognition of Indigenous Australians to public health and population ageing.
About This Course
Central to effective teaching is providing students with strong educational design that offers opportunities to independently and collaboratively explore and acquire knowledge. Students can then apply what is learned to different contexts, in order to demonstrate that the learning outcomes have been achieved
Why Take This Course?
This is a free online course. This MOOC will be offered with Video Transcripts in English. Applicants can get a verified certificate.
- Describe established curriculum and learning design principles which support student learning in your context.
- Identify the role of constructive alignment and the principles of assessment and relate them to your context
- Compare and contrast learning design models
- Apply an integrated model to (re)design components of a course of study aligned to a program
This course is suitable for teachers, educational designers and those supporting learning and teaching within higher education.
Professor, PVCE Portfiolio, UNSW. Concurrent appointment Professor of Innovation in HE (Adj), School of Education, UNSW. Awarded University Teaching Fellow, HKU.
Kristin Turnbull is a Continuing Professional Developer at The University of New South Wales, Australia (UNSW), working in the area of academic professional development.
Marina is a Principal Fellow (Higher Education Academy), an Australian National Teaching Fellow and has received national and university citations for outstanding contributions to student learning.
How To Join This Course
- Go to the course website link
- Sign Up At FutureLearn
- Select a course and Join
- Once a course has started, applicant will be able to access the course material
- After the start date, students will be able to access the course by following the Go To Course link on My Courses page.
- Applicants can buy, to show that they have completed a FutureLearn course.
- On some FutureLearn courses, learners will be able to pay to take an exam to qualify for a Statement of Attainment. (These are university-branded, printed certificates that provide proof of learning on the course topic(s)).