World Wide Web Consortium (W3C) is offering free online course on CSS Basics. Students will explore numerous CSS features to help you control the look and feel of your site such as colors, fonts and layout.
In this five-week course, applicants will learn how to take your Web pages from bland to bold with the power of CSS styling. This course will start on May 30, 2017.
Course At A Glance
Effort: 6-8 hours pw
Subject: Computer Science
Institution: World Wide Web Consortium (W3C) and edx
Certificate Available: Yes, Add a Verified Certificate for $49
Session: Course Starts on May 30, 2017
The World Wide Web Consortium (W3C) is an international consortium where Member organizations, a full-time staff, and the public work together to develop Web standards and guidelines designed to ensure long-term growth for the Web.
About This Course
Have you just begun your journey into Web development? This course will introduce you to the basics of Web design and teach you how to style your Web site for a professional look and feel.
Why Take This Course?
The Microsoft team and experts from the World Wide Web Consortium (W3C) will guide you step-by-step in using the latest Web standards to structure your content and presentation like a professional.
- Basic selection of CSS properties
- Fundamental CSS selectors
- Designing page layout through relative positioning with CSS
- Best practices in Web design
Kasey Champion is a software engineer turned teacher. She graduated from the University of Washington with a degree in Electrical Engineering, but worked for the Computer Science Department as a Teaching Assistant for 3 years. After graduation she joined Microsoft as a software engineer, but spent her mornings volunteer teaching computer science at local high schools through the TEALS program.
How To Join This Course
- Go to the course website link
- Create an edX account to SignUp
- Choose “Register Now” to get started.
- EdX offers honor code certificates of achievement, verified certificates of achievement, and XSeries certificates of achievement. Currently, verified certificates are only available in some courses.
- Once applicant sign up for a course and activate their account, click on the Log In button on the edx.org homepage and type in their email address and edX password. This will take them to the dashboard, with access to each of their active courses. (Before a course begins, it will be listed on their dashboard but will not yet have a “view course” option.)