The Botstiber Institute for Austrian-American Studies announces a call for Austrian-American Studies Grant programme. The grant is awarded in the fields of history, politics, economics, law, cultural studies, and public history.
The aim of the grant is to promote an understanding of the historic relationship between the United States and Austria (including Habsburg Austria).
The Botstiber Institute for Austrian-American Studies is an institution that deals with the historical relations between Austria and the United States.
- Application deadline: March 31, 2018
- Course Level: The grant is available to pursue research programme.
- Study Subject: The grant is awarded in the fields of history, politics, economics, law, cultural studies, and public history.
- Scholarship Award: Grants for salary replacement and/or tuition will not be considered. Grants will not exceed $25,000 unless a compelling case is made for a larger grant.
- Nationality: USA
- Number of Scholarships: Number of the grant is not given.
- Scholarship can be taken in the USA
Eligibility for the Scholarship:
- Eligible Countries: USA
- Entrance Requirements: A grant proposal shall consist of a one-page proposal summary, narrative description, and all required supporting information.
- The applicant should submit a narrative, not to exceed three single-spaced pages, which provides a justification for the project, conveying the ideas, objectives, methods, and work plan. A simple statement of need or intent is insufficient.
- Grant recipients are encouraged to submit all articles and/or working papers that are produced through the use of the grant to the Institute to be considered for publication in the Institute’s Journal of Austrian American Studies.
How to Apply:
- A budget for the project (in U.S. dollars; not to exceed one page)
- A curriculum vitae for the applicant, showing current and past positions, education, awards and honours, publications and other relevant professional activities and accomplishments (not to exceed 3 pages)
- A bibliography (not to exceed 3 pages)
- A description of all current support and pending grant and/or fellowship applications related to this project. State the title of the grant or fellowship, source, period covered amount and expected notification date. If no other funding for this project is expected or sought, please state this.