The BraunPrize 2018 challenges creative minds to envision design concepts that matter. Our world is becoming increasingly complex – our focus should be on what is essential, on creating truly better solutions and experiences. By taking on global problems or simply improving the quality of individual lives, we want to encourage innovation that can be virtual or physical, scientific or technical, or that changes our behavior for the better. Awards will go to exceptional ideas and product design concepts – 2 or 3 dimensional, including interactive –that offer progress and improvement, that is significant, substantial, and meaningful: design for what matters.
The BraunPrize competition invites design schools, Students, and Young Talents to enter innovative product ideas and concepts that really matter. Participants can use the online registration and upload function to submit their projects during the submission period.
and Young Talents
Sep 20, 2017 – April 20, 2018
Free of charge
2018 will be the twentieth BraunPrize. It is open to design schools, students, and young talents and will award a total of $75,000 USD prize money.
- The BraunPrize competition is pleased to welcome all global submissions from entrants that are 18 years of age or older.
Entries will be separated into two categories and judged individually:
- Student: product concepts from students who are still studying or (for recent graduates) which were created during the time of study
- Young Talent: product concepts from young designers who have graduated within the last 5 years
- Entries must be product design and/or product interaction concepts that are not yet on the market or in production.
- The focus of the BraunPrize is on product design. Software, interaction or media design will be considered as an integral part of an overall product concept (hardware and software).
- There is no fee for participation. Submissions from all countries will be considered. Several projects can be submitted per person. However, every concept can only be registered once.
- Individual or team participation are accepted and there is no limit in group size. Please choose one contact person and fill in that person’s data in the registration form. The names of all other team members must be listed in the respective field and all team members will receive equal recognition.
- All P&G and Braun employees or their relatives are excluded from the competition. Also, no relative of a jury member (design firm, colleague, team or family member, etc.) is permitted to enter. Any involvement will result in automatic disqualification from the competition.
- By submitting a product concept to the BraunPrize competition, participants agree to multiple reproductions and promotional publication of product material associated with that person’s data. The payment of the prize money gives P&G the right of usage for all nominated projects* with no time limit, starting from the day the jury has agreed on the competition winners.
- *Nominated projects are defined as Sustainability Awards, Finalists (subsequently Gold-Silver-Bronze awards), Special Mentions and any other outstanding exhibition projects from the categories Students and Young Talents.
- Any material relating to the submission may be used for the purpose of BraunPrize promotional work, i.e., the BraunPrize exhibition (print and online), catalog, BraunPrize websites, press releases, and media toolkits. P&G may not alter or amend the material without the written agreement of the designer. Participants that do not win a prize hold the right to refuse exhibition or publication of their work.
- It is not P&G’s intention that any product design be produced.
- Cash prizes will be paid within one month of the announcement of the final judging. Any currency restrictions in force will be handled to ensure timely payments. P&G is responsible for arranging permission to remit the prize money to foreign participants.
The prize money does not include remuneration for the use of designer’s copyright.
- The BraunPrize holds the right to substitute a jury member in case of illness or unavailability. In this case, any changes will be communicated at the earliest possible time.
- The decision of the jury is final and abiding.
- There is no correspondence between jury and participants. The personal data of BraunPrize participants will not be disclosed until the jury decision is final.