With this call, the ETH Zurich invites young, ambitious scientists for Bridging Research Grants in all scientific disciplines and fields of research. These grants are available for Swiss, China, Japan, South Korea and the ASEAN member states applicants.
The goal of the bridging grants is to bring already established partnerships to the next level.
ETH Zurich is a science, technology, engineering and mathematics university in the city of Zürich, Switzerland.
- Applications close: December 31, 2017
- Course Level: These grants are available to pursue research programme.
- Study Subject: These grants are awarded in all scientific disciplines and fields of research.
- Scholarship Award: Max. 25 kCHF
- Number of scholarships: Number of grants is not given.
- Scholarship can be taken in Switzerland
Eligibility for the Scholarship:
The following criteria must be met in order for applicants to be eligible for the scholarship:
- All scientists of Swiss federal and cantonal universities, universities of applied sciences and universities of teachers’ education, as well as public research institutions, are eligible to apply. Applications by doctoral students and postdoctoral scientists must be submitted by their supervisors. The Swiss scientist is the main applicant.
- Research partners must be scientists affiliated with a university or a public research institute from one of the partner countries. The collaborating partner must hold a faculty or senior scientist position or a doctoral degree (PhD or equivalent) with several years of research experience.
- Applicants from Switzerland, China, Japan, South Korea and the Asian region are eligible for these grants.
College Admission Requirement
Entrance Requirements: Applicants must be scientists.
English Language Requirements: Applicants must have sufficient knowledge of the language of instruction of the host university.
· The maximum amount of a bridging grant is 25 kCHF. The grant will be disbursed in two instalments: 80% after signing the grant contract and 20% after approval of the final report. A detailed budget must be provided in the project proposal. Budgeted expenses must be justified and related to the proposed research activities. The financial contribution of each partner is expected and must be made explicit in cash and in-kind.
How to Apply:
Applicants can apply via email.
- Applications shall be submitted in electronic format as one single pdf document