University of Pavia is awarding five scholarships for the students from developing countries who already got the scholarship last year during the academic year 2014/2015. Scholarship is intended to finance second year of Master Course at Pavia University. Tuition fees will be waived. The scholarship provides selected students with 8.000 Euros. Students may use this money to pay their board and lodging. The scholarship is intended to cover one academic year and will be paid as monthly installments of 1.000 Euros each. The application deadline is 6th June 2014.
Study Subject (s): Applicants may select only a course degree taught in English, selected among the following ones offered by the University of Pavia: World Politics and International Relations, Electronics Engineering, Computer Engineering, Molecular Biology and Genetics, International Business and Economics, Cooperation and Development at University of Pavia.
Course Level: Scholarship is available for pursuing master’s degree level at University of Pavia.
Scholarship Provider: The Fund is financed thanks to the contribution both of the students (2 Euros each) and of the University itself.
Scholarship can be taken at: Italy
Only the following candidates can apply for a scholarship: students of a Developing Country who received a scholarship financed through the FC&K for the academic year 2013-2014.
-Candidates who are citizens of one of the Developing Countries reported in the World Bank list and classified as a low-income economy or as a lower-middle-income economy by the World Bank.
-You can apply also if you’re living in a country other than your Country of origin: for example, if you’re living in Italy.
-In fact, you have to be citizen of one of the above mentioned Developing Countries.
Scholarship Open for Students of Following Countries: Students of Developing countries can apply for this scholarship: Albania, Guyana, Paraguay, Afghanistan, Haiti, Philippines, Armenia, Honduras, Rwanda, Bangladesh, India, Samoa, Belize, Indonesia, São Tomé and Principe, Benin, Iraq, Senegal, Bhutan, Kenya, Sierra Leone, Bolivia, Kiribati, Solomon Islands, Burkina, Faso Korea, Dem Rep. Somalia ,Burundi ,Kosovo, South Sudan, Cambodia, Kyrgyz Republic, Sri Lanka, Cameroon, Lao PDR, Sudan, Cape Verde, Lesotho ,Swaziland, Central African Republic, Liberia Syrian, Arab Republic, Chad Madagascar, Tajikistan, Comoros, Malawi, Tanzania, Congo, Dem. Rep Mali, Timor-Leste, Congo, Rep. Marshall Islands, Togo,Côte d’Ivoire, Mauritania ,Tonga, Djibouti, Micronesia, Fed. Sts., Uganda, Egypt, Arab Rep. Moldova, Ukraine, El Salvador, Mongolia, Uzbekistan, Eritrea, Morocco, Vanuatu, Ethiopia, Mozambique, Vietnam, Fiji, Myanmar ,West Bank and Gaza, Gambia, The Nepal, Yemen, Rep. ,Georgia, Nicaragua, Zambia, Ghana, Niger, Zimbabwe, Guatemala, Nigeria ,Guinea, Pakistan, Guinea-Bisau, Papua New Guinea.
Scholarship Description: The University of Pavia (UNIPV) and its students decided to create the ‘Fund for Cooperation & Knowledge – in and out of Pavia’. The Fund is financed thanks to the contribution both of the students (2 Euros each) and of the University itself. The Fund is intended to provide scholarships to students from Developing Countries, who wish to study one year at the University of Pavia, and to UNIPV students who would like to spend some months in a Developing Country for studying, researching and/or training.
Number of awards: Five scholarships are offered at University of Pavia.
Duration of award(s): Scholarships will be awarded for one year. You might have to pay the expenses for the following years with your own resources. However, if you complete successfully the first year of your Master Degree you can apply again for a scholarship offered through the Found and there are very good chances to get it.
What does it cover? Tuition fees will be waived. The scholarship provides selected students with 8.000 Euros. Students may use this money to pay their board and lodging. The scholarship is intended to cover one academic year and will be paid as monthly installments of 1.000 Euros each. Selected students will receive 8.000 Euros, paid as monthly installments of 1.000 Euros each. They will decide how to spend them, mainly for living. Each scholarship will cover also the expenses for the Visa and for the travel to Italy and back (economy class).
Selection Criteria: The scholarships will be awarded according to the following modalities:
1. Successful candidates will have to confirm their acceptance of the scholarship and of its conditions within the time limit set in the letter communicating the awarding of the scholarship. If a candidate fails to confirm his/her acceptance, the scholarship will be awarded to the following candidate in rank.
2. Selected candidates will have to pre-enrol to the course they wish to attend at the University of Pavia through the competent Italian diplomatic authority in their country; in order to proceed with the enrolment to the University of Pavia, selected students will have to submit a dichiarazione di valore in loco of their academic transcripts.
Notification: Selection of the winning students will be in June 2014.
How to Apply: you have to send it only by email. Send it by email to fund.cooperation-at-unipv.it: application and all the scanned attachments in one PDF file large at most 5MB. Documents have to be attached in the exact order described in the call for applications, otherwise application will not be considered. Interested candidates must submit an application which has to include:
1. a complete application form (completed in all its parts): it must be filled in English using the computer; then it has to be printed, signed, completed with a passport-size picture, and scanned; candidates must indicate a skype contact;
2. a motivation letter written in English;
3. a transcript of records in English or translated into Italian by a competent Italian authority;
4. a recent letter of reference (written in English after the 27th March 2013) hand signed by a university professor and dated;
5. a curriculum vitae in English (European format: available on this Web page);
6. a recent health certificate (issued after the 27th March 2013 in English or translated into Italian by a competent Italian authority) attesting that the applicant is in good health conditions and is not suffering from physical or mental illnesses;
7. a photocopy of a valid passport (or of a valid identification document, ID) of the applicant.
Scholarship Application Deadline: The application deadline is 6th June 2014.