University of Pavia is awarding five scholarships for the students from developing countries who already got the scholarship last year during the academic year 2017-2018. Scholarship is intended to finance second year of Master Course at Pavia University.
Tuition fees will be waived. The scholarship provides selected students with 8.000 Euros. Students may use this money to pay their board and lodging.
The scholarship is intended to cover one academic year and will be paid as monthly installments of 1.000 Euros each.
The University of Pavia is one of the oldest universities in Europe. An edict issued by King Lotharius quotes a higher education institution in Pavia as already established in 825.
Course Level: Scholarship is available for pursuing master’s degree level at University of Pavia.
Study Subject (s): Applicants may select only a course degree taught in English, selected among the following ones offered by the University of Pavia: World Politics and International Relations, Electronics Engineering, Computer Engineering, Molecular Biology and Genetics, International Business and Economics, Cooperation and Development at University of Pavia.
Scholarship Awards: Tuition fees will be waived. The scholarship provides selected students with 8.000 Euros. Students may use this money to pay their board and lodging. The scholarship is intended to cover one academic year and will be paid as monthly installments of 1.000 Euros each. Selected students will receive 8.000 Euros, paid as monthly installments of 1.000 Euros each. They will decide how to spend them, mainly for living. Each scholarship will cover also the expenses for the Visa and for the travel to Italy and back (economy class).
Number of awards: Five scholarships are offered at University of Pavia.
Scholarship can be taken in Italy
Only the following candidates can apply for a scholarship: students of a Developing Country who received a scholarship financed through the FC&K for the academic year 2013-2014.
- Candidates who are citizens of one of the Developing Countries reported in the World Bank list and classified as a low-income economy or as a lower-middle-income economy by the World Bank.
- You can apply also if you’re living in a country other than your Country of origin: for example, if you’re living in Italy.
- In fact, you have to be citizen of one of the above mentioned Developing Countries.
Nationality: Students of Developing countries can apply for this scholarship: Albania, Guyana, Paraguay, Afghanistan, Haiti, Philippines, Armenia, Honduras, Rwanda, Bangladesh, India, Samoa, Belize, Indonesia, São Tomé and Principe, Benin, Iraq, Senegal, Bhutan, Kenya, Sierra Leone, Bolivia, Kiribati, Solomon Islands, Burkina, Faso Korea, Dem Rep. Somalia ,Burundi ,Kosovo, South Sudan, Cambodia, Kyrgyz Republic, Sri Lanka, Cameroon, Lao PDR, Sudan, Cape Verde, Lesotho ,Swaziland, Central African Republic, Liberia Syrian, Arab Republic, Chad Madagascar, Tajikistan, Comoros, Malawi, Tanzania, Congo, Dem. Rep Mali, Timor-Leste, Congo, Rep. Marshall Islands, Togo,Côte d’Ivoire, Mauritania ,Tonga, Djibouti, Micronesia, Fed. Sts., Uganda, Egypt, Arab Rep. Moldova, Ukraine, El Salvador, Mongolia, Uzbekistan, Eritrea, Morocco, Vanuatu, Ethiopia, Mozambique, Vietnam, Fiji, Myanmar ,West Bank and Gaza, Gambia, The Nepal, Yemen, Rep. ,Georgia, Nicaragua, Zambia, Ghana, Niger, Zimbabwe, Guatemala, Nigeria ,Guinea, Pakistan, Guinea-Bisau, Papua New Guinea.
How to Apply: you have to send it only by email. Send it by email to fund.cooperation-at-unipv.it: application and all the scanned attachments in one PDF file large at most 5MB. Documents have to be attached in the exact order described in the call for applications, otherwise application will not be considered. Interested candidates must submit an application which has to include:
- A complete application form (completed in all its parts): it must be filled in English using the computer; then it has to be printed, signed, completed with a passport-size picture, and scanned; candidates must indicate a skype contact;
- A motivation letter written in English;
- A transcript of records in English or translated into Italian by a competent Italian authority;
- A recent letter of reference (written in English after the 27th March 2013) hand signed by a university professor and dated;
- A curriculum vitae in English (European format: available on this Web page);
- A recent health certificate (issued after the 27th March 2013 in English or translated into Italian by a competent Italian authority) attesting that the applicant is in good health conditions and is not suffering from physical or mental illnesses;
- A photocopy of a valid passport (or of a valid identification document, ID) of the applicant.
Application Deadline: The application deadline is June 12, 2017.