DAAD and the Faculty of Medicine Universitas Indonesia (PDIB FKUI) are offering up to 4 In-Region/In-country scholarships for PhD studies at PDIB FKUI for 2018 intake.
The programme is funded by the German Federal Ministry of Economic Cooperation and Development (BMZ) and aims at university staff in the first line, without neglecting the public sector demand of academically trained personnel.
If English is not your first language then you will need to show that your English language skills are at a high enough level to succeed in your studies.
Application Deadline: April 1, 2018
Course Level: Scholarships are available for pursuing PhD programme.
Study Subject: Scholarships are awarded in the field of Biomedical Sciences.
}Scholarship Award: It has been agreed upon that DAAD cooperates with Faculty of Medicine Universitas Indonesia (PDIB FKUI) by offering up to 4 In-Region/In-country scholarships for PhD studies at PDIB FKUI for the intake 2018.
Number of Scholarships: Not Known
Scholarship can be taken in Indonesia
Eligibility for the Scholarship:
Eligible Countries: Citizens of South East Asian countries are eligible to apply.
Entrance Requirements: Applicants
- Have successfully completed generally a three-year university degree/144 CP (Master candidates) or a five-year university degree/180 CP (doctoral candidates) with above average results (upper third of class)
- Clearly, show motivation and strong commitment
- Have thorough knowledge of English language
- Have completed their last university degree not more than 6 years ago at the time of application
- Must be nationals or permanent resident of a South East Asian country
- Female applicants and candidates from less privileged regions or groups are especially encouraged to participate in the programme.
English Language Requirements: If English is not your first language then you will need to show that your English language skills are at a high enough level to succeed in your studies.
Documents to be submitted:
- DAAD application form duly filled (available in the DAAD-Portal)
- Hand signed curriculum vitae (please use the European specimen form at http://europass.cedefop. Europa.eu), including a list of publications (if applicable).
- 2 Recommendation letter by university teachers
- Letter of admission to the host university/institution/network
- Certified copies of university degree certificates including transcripts
- Letter of motivation (if applicable: mentioning the planned research stay in Germany, see “Additional benefits”)
- Copy of the passport
- Language certificate
PhD candidates have to submit the following additional documents:
- Declaration of acceptance from the academic supervisor
- Detailed and precise PhD proposal, including detailed work and timetable (if applicable: mentioning the planned research stay in Germany, see “Additional benefits”)
- Abstract of the proposal on one page (please include name and title of proposal
How to Apply:
Applicants must apply for their studies at the Universitas Indonesia (Faculty of Medicine) using the contacts and the method that is prescribed by the institution. Universitas Indonesia-Faculty of Medicine (PDIB FKUI) has set their own deadlines.
PDIB FKKUI will screen, pre-select (according to DAAD selection criteria) and short-list the applicants. A detailed report consisting of the shortlisting procedure, the entire list of applicants, the ranked shortlist and the shortlisting panel members also are availed to DAAD. The ranked shortlist will contain double or triple the number of scholarships that have been attributed to the institution.
Pre-selected candidates are asked to log into the DAAD portal and register themselves and submit a DAAD application.
- Register online via the DAAD-Portal (if not already registered)
- Apply online via the DAAD-Portal under the tab “Personal Funding“/ “Application“