The Campus Vida Research Centers Network of the University of Santiago de Compostela is seeking 3 postdoctoral researchers for a period of two years. International applicants are eligible to apply for these positions.
Campus Vida is a strategic initiative of the University of Santiago de Compostela that supports the excellence in academic, scientific, technological and socioeconomic research activity in Life Sciences and Technologies. It promotes a research organisation model which pursues the development of the best multidisciplinary frontier research, as well as the permanent collaboration with the healthcare sector and with biotech companies, in order to be an economic and social growth vector.
Course Level: Positions are available for pursuing postdoctoral programme.
Study Subject: This call offers 3 postdoctoral positions in the following areas:
Research Area Openings:
Molecular Medicine and Chronic Diseases, CiMUS: Neuroscience, Oncology, Cardiovascular, Endocrinology and obesity, Experimental therapies, Nanomedicine, Genomics and Biostatistics/ Bioinformatics.
Biological Chemistry and Molecular Materials, CiQUS: Biological chemistry and New materials, including Nanobiomaterials, Synthetic methodology, Structural chemistry, Computational chemistry.
Information Technology, CiTIUS: High-performance computing and cloud computing, e-Health, Data engineering, Ambient intelligence and multimodal interfaces, Business and web intelligence, Personal robots, Artificial vision.
- The postdoctoral position is for a period of two years.
- The candidate will join the selected research group (see Research Area Openings), under the supervision and mentoring of the corresponding group leader(s), to develop an individual project in a stimulating scientific environment, having access to state-of-the-art research facilities and a number of training and career development opportunities.
- Employment contract with a gross salary of 30.000 € per year. The contract includes medical care coverage and work accident insurance through the Spanish Health Care System (Seguridad Social), providing access to the Spanish public health care system for the candidate and his/her family and also pension and unemployment benefits.
- Travel allowance of 1.100 €/year.
- The training programme in transversal skills: intellectual and property rights, technology transfer, entrepreneurship, communication, management, etc.
- The estimated starting date is October-December 2016.
Scholarship can be taken in Spain
Eligibility: Campus Vida seek outstanding and highly motivated candidates, with initiative, creativity and team-working ability, including working in interdisciplinary research groups. The position is open to researchers that fulfil the following requisites:
- Academic background: Candidates must hold a PhD and at least one year of postdoctoral research experience at the date of closing of the application. Candidates who have performed the PhD thesis at the University of Santiago de Compostela will not be eligible. Preference will be given to candidates who awarded their PhD after January 1st, 2012. Fluent English is essential.
- Mobility: Applicants must not have carried out their main activity in Spain for more than 12 months in the 3 years immediately before the date of starting the contract.
Nationality: International applicants are eligible to apply for these positions.
College Admission Requirement
Entrance Requirements: Candidates must hold a PhD and at least one year of postdoctoral research experience at the date of closing of the application.
English language Requirements: Applicants from outside the home country will often need to meet specific English language/other language requirements in order to be able to study there.
How to Apply:
- A detailed CV, including personal contact information, education, a list of publications and any other relevant information (projects, awards…).
- A motivation letter (max. 2 pages) outlining: (1) research background, work experience and (2) a brief research proposal.
- Candidates must select one of the eligible research lines and they can contact the prospective group leaders for guidance (brief research proposal).
- At least two reference letters.
- Applications must be submitted by e-mail to singulares-at-usc.es indicating in the subject one of the following options: POSTDOC-CIMUS or POSTDOC-CIQUS or POSTDOC-CITIUS.
Application Deadline: Application deadline is August 31st, 2016.