The Cluster of Excellence -Cellular Stress Responses in Aging-Associated Diseases (CECAD) is offering Medical Student Fellowships. These fellowships are available for a project taking place between May to October 2017 (late stage) and May to December 2017 (early stage).
The mission of CECAD is to unravel the molecular mechanisms underlying lifespan regulation and aging-associated diseases (e.g. aging-associated impairment of pathogen defence, cancer, diabetes and neurodegenerative diseases). CECAD’s long-term objective is to develop novel therapeutic interventions.
CECAD is the unifying driving force bringing together researchers and clinicians from the University and the University Hospital of Cologne. CECAD Cologne is funded by the German Research Foundation (DFG) within the Excellence Initiative set up by the German Federal and State Governments.
Course Level: Fellowships are available for medical students.
Study Subject: Fellowships are awarded to develop novel therapeutic interventions.
- 4 Fellowships: 735 €/month
- 1 Fellowship: 735 €/month
Scholarship can be taken in Germany
Eligibility: To allow medical students at different stages of their careers to gain research experience and to practice their ‘bench-to-bedside’ thinking, CECAD now offers:
- 4 Fellowships for early stage (1.-4. semester, Vorklinik) medical students for 2 months
Aim: ‘Experience bench research!’ Funding: 735 €/month
- 1 Fellowship for late stage (from 5. semester, Klinik) medical students for 6 months
Aim: ‘Conduct a research project in one of our CECAD laboratories!’ Funding: 735 €/month
Nationality: Citizens of Germany are eligible to apply.
How to Apply: Interested candidates should send a complete application in English and in a single pdf document by email to cecad-juniorscientistsat-uni-koeln.de. The application should include:
- A CV – a letter of motivation (max. 1 page)
- A brief description and planned period of a specific laboratory project – supporting letter by the hosting CECAD group (prerequisite for funding!)
Application Deadline: The application deadline is May 15, 2017.