Applications are invited for a Postdoctoral Fellowship for a period of two years based at Inter-University Center for Astronomy and Astrophysics (IUCAA), Pune, India. The position is funded by the CEFIPRA – Indo-French Center for the Promotion of Advanced Research (IFCPAR) for Indian and French applicants.
The aim of the fellowship is to support applicants from India and French who hold a PhD degree in astronomy, astrophysics or related discipline.
The Inter-University Centre for Astronomy and Astrophysics (IUCAA) is an autonomous institution set up by the University Grants Commission to promote nucleation and growth of active groups in astronomy and astrophysics in Indian universities.
- Applications close: December 31, 2017
- Course Level: Fellowship is available to pursue post-doctoral programme.
- Study Subject: Fellowship is awarded in analysing multi-wavelength data set ranging from UV to IR and CO on galaxies in the HST/GOODS field.
- Scholarship Award: The successful candidate will be provided on-campus accommodation subject to availability (in case of unavailability, HRA will be provided along with the fellowship) and medical benefits as per IUCAA norms. In addition, the candidate will have the opportunity to visit Observatoire de Paris, France for the purpose of project collaboration.
- Nationality: Applicants from India and French are eligible to apply for the fellowship.
- Number of Scholarships: Number of fellowships is not given
- Scholarship can be taken in India.
Eligibility for the Scholarship:
- Eligible Countries: Applicants from India and French are eligible to apply for the fellowship.
- Entrance Requirements: Applicants must have a PhD degree in astronomy, astrophysics or related discipline.
- English Language Requirements: Applicants must be fluent in English.
- Interested candidates should submit (i) statement of research interests and/or research proposal, (ii) Publication list and (iii) CV by email.
How to Apply:
- Applicants can apply via email.
- In email applications, please mention in the subject line ‘Application for a Cefipra Postdoctoral Fellowship’. The applicants should also arrange for at least two letters of recommendation to be sent directly to the email address.