The Sievert Larsson Scholarship Fund (within Friends of Chalmers) offers scholarships for Thai students. These scholarships are available for pursuing master’s degree at the Chalmers University of Technology.
Chalmers is a highly progressive university situated in Gothenburg, Sweden. From this beautiful and dynamic part of the world, we have become known locally and globally for education, research and innovation with a wide range of applications.
Course Level: Scholarships are available for pursuing Master’s degree at the Chalmers University of Technology.
Study Subject: Scholarships are provided to learn any of the courses offered by the Chalmers University of Technology.
Scholarship Award: The Scholarship is available in two different versions. It is possible to apply for both versions of the scholarship via the scholarship application portal. Please make sure that you apply for the scholarships in your order of preference.
Version 1: Full tuition fee waiver (covers 100% of the tuition fees) during the 2-year programme (4 semesters).
Version 2: Full tuition fee waiver (covers 100% of the tuition fees) and 230 000 SEK for costs of living during the 2-year programme (4 semesters).
Scholarship can be taken in Sweden
Eligibility: The following criteria must be met in order for applicants to be eligible for the scholarship:
Both versions of the scholarship are available to
- 1st year Master’s programme applicants
- Citizens of Thailand
- Students with a completed or soon to be completed (during spring semester 2016) Bachelor’s Degree (equivalent to a Swedish Kandidatexamen) with a minimum grade of 3.0 (CGPA) from a prestigious Thai University*
*) Based on the stature of the Home University – including position on international ranking lists
Nationality: The students of Thailand can apply for these scholarships.
College Admission Requirement
Entrance Requirements: Students must be in their 1st year Master’s programme.
English language Requirements: The following language tests and minimum scores are accepted by Chalmers as proof of English language proficiency:
- Cambridge CPE or CAE: Pass
- IELTS (academic training), 6.0 (with no part of the test below 5.0) TOEFL (paper-based): 550 (with minimum score 4 on written part)
- TOEFL (computer-based): 213
- TOEFL (Internet-based): 79 (with minimum score 17 on written part). The TOEFL (Institution) code is 9520.
How to Apply: The mode of applying is online.
Application Deadline: The application deadline is January 15, 2017.