The University of Chichester delighted to offer three months Charles Wallace India Trust Fellowship to the Indian citizens and residents. This fellowship is awarded in the English and Creative Writing Department on university’s Bishop Otter campus for the academic year 2017-2018.
Charles Wallace India Trust Fellowship aims to provide them with an opportunity to spend time at a British university, devoting themselves to their own writing and contributing to the life of the host institute.
The University of Chichester is a public university located in West Sussex, England which became a university in 2005. Campuses are based in the city of Chichester and the nearby coastal resort of Bognor Regis and an associate campus for music production on the Isle of Wight.
Course Level: The fellowship is available to the writers.
Study Subject: The fellowship is awarded in the field of Creative Writing.
Scholarship Award: The fellowship gives an opportunity to spend time at a British university, devoting themselves to their own writing and contributing to the life of the host institute.
Number of scholarship: Not Known
Scholarship can be taken in the UK
Eligibility: The following criteria must be met in order for applicants to be eligible for fellowship:
- Is an Indian citizen, domiciled and resident
- Has completed university-level education in the field of literature and/or has between five and seven years of professional experience
- Has a clear proposal stating what they plan to do at the University of Chichester and how they hope to use the experience on their return to India
- Has not been given a Charles Wallace India Trust grant within the previous five years.
Nationality: Indian applicants can apply for the fellowship.
College Admission Requirement
Entrance Requirement: Applicants must have completed university-level education in the field of literature and/or has between five and seven years of professional experience.
English Language Requirement: Applicants must meet the necessary language proficiency requirements of the host institution.
How to Apply: Applicants can apply via e-mail for this fellowship.
- A CV
- A statement of about two pages describing what you wish to achieve during your stay at
- Chichester and how this will benefit your work on your return to India
- Two references from referees who know your work well
- Examples of your creative writing (which will not be returned)
- Please forward applications via e-mail to Dr Stavroula Varella, Department of English and Creative Writing, University of Chichester, at s.varella-at-chi.ac.uk.
Application Deadline: The application deadline is September 30, 2017.