Applications are invited for Academy Stavros Niarchos Foundation Fellowship from Greek nationals and the Greek diaspora. Fellowships are available to undertake research at Chatham House.
The purpose of this fellowship is to offer young and promising leaders from Greece and the Greek diaspora the opportunity to develop their understanding, ideas and approaches on the most pressing challenges facing the world.
Chatham House, the Royal Institute of International Affairs, is an independent policy institute based in London. Their mission is to help build a sustainably secure, prosperous and just world.
Chatham House expects all fellows to have good levels of English, both written and verbal. While they do not require a TEFL or similar standard, this will be evaluated through the recruitment process.
Course Level: Fellowships are available to undertake research at Chatham House.
Study Subject: Below are the research themes for 2018. Submitted research proposals must fit broadly within one of these themes.
The parameters for the research topics have been designed in broad terms to allow applicants to devise a project that appeals to their own research interests.
- Research topics with the International Security Department: Cyber Security in the Mediterranean
- Research topics with the Centre on Global Health Security: Access to medicines in Greece or Risk of sexually transmitted infections for migrants and refugees engaged in sex work in Greece/Europe
- Research topics with the Energy, Environment and Resources Department: Deep decarbonization and the future of work/capital
Scholarship Award: The fellow will receive a monthly stipend of £2,160. Modest provision is made for the costs of relocation, fieldwork, and possible publication costs.
Scholarship can be taken in the UK
Eligibility: To be eligible for an Academy Stavros Niarchos Foundation Fellowship, candidates must:
- The fellowship is open to citizens of Greece.
- Applications will be accepted from applicants holding dual nationality which includes one of these countries
- It is required that the applicant holds a completed BA degree or equivalent, Masters degree with an international focus is preferred. – See more at: https://www.chathamhouse.org/academy/fellowships/stavros-niarchos#Eligibility Criteria
- The fellowship is aimed at candidates at the mid-stage of their career and who come from academia, NGOs, business, government departments, civil society or the media. They should possess knowledge of, and an interest in, one of the policy-related challenges laid out in the research topics in ‘Research Topics.’
Nationality: Greek citizens are eligible to apply for this Chatham House fellowship.
College Admission Requirement
Entrance Requirements: It is required that the applicant holds a completed BA degree or equivalent, Masters degree with an international focus is preferred.
English language Requirements: Applicants must have excellent English writing and presentation skills. Chatham House expects all fellows to have good levels of English, both written and verbal. While they do not require a TEFL or similar standard, this will be evaluated through the recruitment process.
How to Apply: The application form and accompanying documents should be completed and emailed to AcademyNiarchosFellowship-at-chathamhouse.org. Candidates must do the following:
- Download and complete the application form (available on the Chatham House website);
- Email the application form, together with one published writing a sample of no more than 10 pages in English (or an English translation of their own work), to academyniarchosfellowship-at-chathamhouse.org.
Application Deadline: The 2018 application window is now open. The call will close on May 31, 2017.