Applicants are invited to apply for China India Scholar Leaders Fellowship at The India China Institute at the New School. The fellowship is available for Indian and Chinese scholars.
The Fellowship offers an intensive 24-month professional development experience for junior scholars focused on the theme of Prosperity and Inequality in India and China.
The aim of the fellowship is to strengthen the bond between two countries.
The New School is a private research university in Lower Manhattan, New York City, located mostly in Greenwich Village.
Course Level: The fellowship offers an intensive 24-month professional development experience for junior scholars.
Study Subject: The fellowship is awarded in the theme of Prosperity and Inequality in India and China.
Scholarship Award: The fellowship will cover the followings:
- Fellows will benefit from ICI’s expertise and The New School’s world-class faculty as well as many other resources unique to New York City.
- Fellows will be expected to spend a minimum of five weeks in the field advancing their research agenda developed for the Fellowship. Fellows will be connected with a host institution in either India or China to support their work in the field. In keeping with ICI’s commitment to cross-cultural research, Fellows from India will be expected to do fieldwork in China and Chinese Fellows will be expected to do fieldwork in India.
Numbers of Scholarships: Not known
Scholarship can be taken in India and China
Eligibility: Applicants must meet the following eligibility requirements:
- Hold Indian or Chinese citizenship if applying as an India or China Fellow
- Have received a PhD or equivalent advanced degree in the past 5 years
- Be able to participate in the 24-month Fellowship, including 1 month NYC residency
- Be able to conduct 5 weeks of fieldwork in India or China
- Be able to commit 5-7 hours a week for online intensive and research group meetings
Nationality: Indian and Chinese applicants are eligible for the fellowship.
College Admission Requirement
Entrance Requirement: Applicants must have a PhD or equivalent advance degree.
English Language Requirement: Applicants need to demonstrate that they have a good level of written and spoken English.
How to Apply: Applicants can apply via online mode.
- Online application
- Curriculum Vitae (CV)
- Academic Writing Sample
- 3 Letters of Recommendation (sent directly to ICI)
Application Deadline: The application deadline is October 16, 2017.