The University of Exeter’s Streatham is awarding up to ten PhD scholarships in collaboration with the China Scholarship Council (CSC) for Chinese students starting in the academic year 2018-2019. These scholarships are available on the basis of academic merit.
The aim of these scholarships is to provide financial help to the Chinese students.
The University of Exeter’s Streatham Campus the School provides higher education in business, economics, finance, accounting and management programmes for undergraduates, postgraduate master’s students (including MBA students) and business professionals.
Course Level: These scholarships are available to pursue PhD programme.
Study Subject: Scholarships are available for study in the following subjects:
College of Life and Environmental Sciences (CLES)
- Sport and Health Sciences
College of Engineering, Mathematics and Physical Sciences (CEMPS)
- Computer Sciences
- Physics and Astronomy
- Renewable Energy
Medical School (UEMS)
- Medical Imaging
Business School (UEBS)
- Management Studies
- Organization Studies
College of Humanities
- Art History & Visual Culture
- Classics and Ancient History
- Film Studies
- Foreign Language Centre
- Liberal Arts
- Modern Languages
- Theology and Religion
College of Social Sciences and International Studies
- Arab and Islamic Studies
- Sociology, Philosophy and Anthropology
Scholarship Award: Full tuition fees of successful applicants will be funded by the relevant College at the University of Exeter. The China Scholarship Council will provide a living allowance, including the cost of a return flight from China to the UK, accommodation and subsistence, depending on the applicant’s eligibility.
Number of Scholarships: There are up to ten scholarships are available.
Scholarship can be taken in the UK
Eligibility: The following criteria must be met in order for applicants to be eligible for the scholarship:
- Applicants must be citizens or permanent residents of the People’s Republic of China at the time of application and intend to return to China upon completion of their studies at the University of Exeter.
- The scholarship will be awarded on the basis of academic merit with candidates requiring the equivalent of a Distinction in a UK Masters degree from a prestigious university (Typically an average of 85% or above from a Chinese Higher Education Institution).
- Successful candidates will meet the relevant academic requirements as well as the English language proficiency requirements for entry into a PhD programme set out by the University of Exeter. Applicants are generally expected to have a score of IELTS 6.5 – 7.0 or equivalent overall with no less than 6.0 in any section.
- Candidates will also be required to satisfy the selection criteria set out by CSC. Details can be found on the website: China Scholarship Council.
Nationality: These scholarships are open to Chinese students.
College Admission Requirement
Entrance Requirements: Applicants must have previous year degree.
English language Requirements: Applicants are generally expected to have a score of IELTS 6.5 – 7.0 or equivalent overall with no less than 6.0 in any section
How to Apply: Applicants can apply via online mode.
In the application process, you will be asked to upload several documents. Please note our preferred format is PDF, each file named with your surname and the name of the document, eg. “Smith – CV.pdf”, “Smith – Cover Letter.pdf”, “Smith – Transcript.pdf”.
- A research proposal
- Letter of application outlining your academic interests and prior research experience.
- Transcript(s) giving full details of subjects studied and grades/marks obtained. This should be an interim transcript
- If you are still studying.
- Evidence of youth English language proficiency.
- You will be asked to name 2 referees as part of the application process, however, we will not contact these people until the offer stage. Your referees should not be from the prospective supervisory team.
Application Deadline: The application deadline is January 29, 2018.