China/Pacific Islands Forum (PIF) Scholarship, China 2013
The Ministry of Education of China offers scholarship in China for non-Chinese citizens from PIF member countries. The scholarship is offered to pursue degree program (undergraduate, master’s and doctoral) and is also open for general and senior scholars. Full scholarship is offered covering tuition fees and other related expenses and also provides living allowance which varies from courses to courses. The applicants can apply till April 30, 2013.
Study Subject(s): The students can pursue the courses offered at Chinese HEIs. Applicants with no command of Chinese are generally required to take one to two years’ Chinese language course (for undergraduates program applicants, one to two years’ college preparatory courses) prior to the academic study. Only by passing the examinations after the above courses, could they start their academic studies. For those who need to take the Chinese language courses or college preparatory courses, the scholarship duration will be extended automatically.
Course Level: The scholarship is available for undergraduates, master’s, doctoral and general and senior scholars.
Scholarship Provider: Ministry of Education of P. R. China
Scholarship can be taken at: China
Eligibility: 1. Applicants must be non-Chinese citizens from PIF member countries and be in good health.
2. Education background and age limit:
-Applicants for undergraduate studies must have senior high school diploma with good grade and be under the age of 25.
-Applicants for master’s degree studies must have bachelor’s degree and be under the age of 35.
-Applicants for Doctoral degree studies must have master’s degree and be under the age of 40.
-Applicants for Chinese training program must have senior high school diploma and be under the age of 35, Chinese language is the only subject available.
-Applicants for general scholar candidates must have completed at least two years of undergraduate studies and be under the age of 45.
-Applicants for senior scholar candidates must have master’s degree or above, or hold academic titles of associate professor or above, and be under the age of 50.
Scholarship Open for International Students: The non-Chinese citizens from PIF member countries (Australia, Cook Islands, Federated States of Micronesia, Fiji, Kiribati, Nauru, New Zealand, Niue, Palau, Papua New Guinea, Republic of Marshall Islands, Samoa, Solomon Islands, Tonga, Tuvalu, Vanuatu) can apply for the scholarship.
Scholarship Description: China/Pacific Islands Forum (PIF) scholarship program is a full scholarship provided for PIF member countries by the Ministry of Education of P. R. China (hereinafter referred to as MOE). MOE entrusts China Scholarship Council (hereinafter referred to as CSC) to manage the recruitment and carry out the routine management of this scholarship program.
Selection of Institutions and Specialties: Applicants may choose one academic program and three institutions as their preferences from the Chinese HEIs designated by MOE. Please check the Directory of Chinese Higher Institutions Admitting International Students under Chinese Government Scholarship Program. Only the listed Chinese HEIs in the Directory are available to the applicants for their study in China.
What does it cover?
-Exempt from registration fee, tuition fee, fee for laboratory experiment, fee for internship, and fee for basic learning materials; and accommodation fee for dormitory on campus;
-One-off settlement subsidy after registration for new student;
-Fee for outpatient medical service, Comprehensive Medical Insurance and Protection Scheme for International Students in China;
-One-off inter-city travel subsidy.
1) Costs of the laboratory experiment or internship beyond the university’s arrangements should be self-afforded.
2) Fee for basic learning materials ONLY covers the necessary learning materials prescribed by the host institution, and other textbooks and materials shall be self-afforded.
3) Monthly living allowance is granted to the students through the host institution at the following rates (CNY Yuan per month):
-Undergraduates & Chinese language students: CNY 1,400 Yuan
-Master’s degree students & general scholars: CNY 1,700 Yuan
-Doctoral degree students & senior scholars: CNY 2,000 Yuan
Scholarship students shall receive their monthly living allowance after registration. New students who register before 15th (15th included) of the registration month will get the full amount of the living allowance of that month, and those who register after 15th will get half amount. The graduates will get a living allowance for another 15 days after the graduation date set by the university. The allowance will be terminated from the next month after students suspend their studies, drop school or complete schooling from the university. Monthly living allowance covers school holidays. Scholarship students who missed the monthly living allowance during holidays could be reimbursed upon return on campus. The allowance will be suspended for at least one month for those students who do not register on time without permission from the university in advance, leave for non-health reasons or are absent from the university over a month.
Students who have to suspend their studies for pregnancy or for health reasons are required to go back to their home countries for labor or for treatment. The international travel expenses should be covered by the students. With the university’s approval, the scholarship status can be reserved for up to one year, and their living allowances will be suspended during their leave. The scholarship status will not be reserved for those who suspend their studies for other reasons.
4) New students will get a one-off settlement subsidy upon their arrival in China.
-CNY 1,000 Yuan for new students who will study in China for less than one academic year
-CNY 1,500 Yuan for new students who will study in China for one academic year and above
5) Fee for outpatient medical service refers to the outpatient expense in the institution’s hospital or the hospitals appointed by the institution. The students are to cover a certain percentage of expense in accordance with the institution’s relevant regulations.
6) Comprehensive Medical Insurance and Protection Scheme for International Students in China is provided by MOE for the scholarship students in China in case of hospitalizing for serious diseases and accidental injuries. The institutions or the appointed medical assistance agencies provide advancement service for insurance expenses, and claim for compensation with relevant payment receipts from the insurance company according to the stipulated insurance articles. For scholarship student, the individual claim will not be accepted by the insurance company.
7) One-off inter-city travel subsidy (each for coming-in and leaving China)
A hard-seat train ticket (hard-berth train ticket for overnight trip) will be provided for scholarship students traveling.
From the port of entry upon registration to the city where the admitting institution or Chinese language training institution or preparatory education institution is located;
From the Chinese language training institution or the preparatory education institution to the city where the university for major study is located;
From the city where the institution is located to the nearest port for departure upon graduation.
Meal and excess of baggage should be self-afforded.
In principle, the port of entry is Beijing, or a port of entry near where the university is located.
8) International travel expenses: funded by Chinese government.
Application Documents: The applicants must fill in and provide the following documents truly, correctly and completely (in duplicate).
1. Application Form for Chinese Government Scholarship (filled in Chinese or in English)
Applicants must fill in and submit the application form online first and then submit the printed version and the supporting documents required by CSC to the dispatching authorities.
The CSC Online Application System for Study in China is available in http://laihua.csc.edu.cn
Applicants who have no internet access due to the limited internet service provided in their countries can request the application form from their dispatching authorities.
2. Highest diploma (notarized photocopy). Applicants shall also provide proof of studying on application. Documents in languages other than Chinese or English must be attached with notarized translations in Chinese or English.
3. Academic transcripts (notarized photocopy): Transcripts in languages other than Chinese or English must be attached with notarized translations in Chinese or English.
4. Recommendation letters: Applicants for master or doctoral degree studies, or study in China as senior scholars must submit two letters of recommendation in Chinese or English from professors or associate professors.
5. Applicants for music studies are requested to submit a CD of the applicants’ own works. Applicants for fine arts must submit a CD of the applicants’ own works (including two sketches, two color paintings and two other works).
6. A study or research plan in Chinese or in English (no less than 200 words for undergraduates, no less than 500 words for scholars, no less than 800 words for postgraduates).
7. Applicants under the age of 18 should submit the legal documents of their legal guardians in China.
8. Photocopy of Foreigner Physical Examination Form (the original copy should be kept by the applicant. The form printed by Chinese quarantine authority could be downloaded from http://www.csc.edu.cn). The medical examinations must cover all the items listed in the Foreigner Physical Examination Form.
Incomplete records or those without the signature of the attending physician, official stamp of the hospital or a sealed photograph of the applicants are invalid. Please select the appropriate time to take medical examination as it is valid for only 6 months.
The above documents should be forwarded to CSC by April 30th 2013 via PIF Secretariat. Application documents will not be returned.
Approval and Notification:
1. CSC will review all the application documents and CSC reserves to right to make necessary adjustments on the applied institutions, specialties and duration of study. The qualified applications will be forwarded to institutions for academic competence and the institutions will forward their nominations to CSC for approval. The applications will be regarded as invalid and will not be accepted if they fail to meet the enrollment requirements or the application documents are incomplete.
2. Applicants are encouraged to contact HEIs and the potential supervisors for admission before applying for a scholarship. If an applicant has been admitted at the time of application, s/he should attach the admission notice or the invitation letter from the Chinese HEIs.
3. Scholarship applicants accepted by Chinese HEIs will be officially awarded the Chinese Government Scholarship with the approval from CSC.
4. Students are required to sign on their Admission Notice, if they have no objection with the placement, and are not permitted, in principle, to change their academic programs, institutions or the duration of study specified in the Admission Notice.
5. CSC will send the Admission Notice and Visa Application Form for Study in China (JW201) to the candidates via the Pacific Islands Forum Secretariat by July 31, 2013.
How to Apply: Application & documents should be forwarded to CSC via PIF Secretariat.
Scholarship Application Deadline: Application and other documents should be forwarded to CSC by April 30, 2013 via PIF Secretariat.
Scholarship Tags: 2013, Australia, China, Cook Islands, DOCTORAL, Featured, Federated States of Micronesia, Fiji, International, Islands, Kiribati, Master's, Nauru, New Zealand, Niue, Pacific, Palau, Papua New Guinea, Republic of Marshall Islands, Samoa, Scholarship, Solomon Islands, Tonga, Tuvalu, Undergraduates, Vanuatu
Important: Scholarship-Positions.com is not responsible for the content of any external websites linked to or referenced on this site.
- Africa Scholarships
- Australia Scholarships
- Austria Scholarships
- Belgium Scholarships
- Canada Scholarships
- China Scholarships
- Denmark Scholarships
- France Scholarships
- Germany Scholarships
- Germany Postdoctoral
- India Scholarships
- Iran Scholarships
- Italy Scholarships
- Japan Scholarships
- New Zealand