The Clarendon Fund offers over 140 full scholarships every year to academically excellent graduate students from all around the world. Scholarships are tenable in all subject areas and are open to candidates who apply for a new masters or DPhil course by the January admissions deadline.
Clarendon Scholarships are awarded on the basis of outstanding academic merit and potential to graduate students from all around the world. Clarendon Scholarships aim to give the most academically-able students not only the life-changing opportunity to study at Oxford but also the chance to form lasting social, academic and professional networks.
Clarendon scholarships are competitive, prestigious and highly sought-after. Like all fully-funded Oxford scholarships, they cover all tuition and college fees, and offer a generous grant for living costs; however, Clarendon’s additional appeal lies in its unique community of scholars.
Clarendon scholarships are normally offered for the full period for which you are liable to pay tuition fees to the University, which is usually the same as the length of the course.
- Application deadline: January
- Course Level: Scholarships are awarded for all degree-bearing courses available at the graduate level. This encompasses all full-time and part-time masters and all DPhil courses. Postgraduate Certificate or Diploma courses are not eligible for this scholarship.
- Study Subject: Scholarships are tenable in all subject areas available at the University of Oxford.
- Scholarship Award: It consists:
- All Clarendon scholarships cover tuition and college fees in full.
- Scholars on a full-time course receive a generous annual grant for living costs, which is normally sufficient to cover the living costs of a single student living in Oxford. In 2017-18 this will be at least £14,296. Scholars on a part-time course receive a study support grant to help cover their non-fee costs.
- Number of Scholarships: 140 full scholarships every year
- Nationality: International Students
- Scholarship can be taken in the UK
Eligibility for the Scholarship:
- Eligible Countries: Students from all around the world can apply for these Clarendon scholarships.
- Entrance Requirements: Criteria is given below
- All applicants for graduate study at the University of Oxford are eligible.
- Clarendon scholars come from all continents in the world: from the USA to Australia, Venezuela to Vietnam and from Norway to Nigeria!
Level of study
- All degree-bearing courses at the graduate level are eligible. This encompasses all full-time and part-time masters and all DPhil courses. A list of all the graduate courses offered by the University of Oxford can be found on the Courses page.
- Postgraduate Certificate or Diploma courses are not eligible for this scholarship.
- Clarendon supports scholars from across the University, with no preference for any particular subject area.
- Candidates applying to start a new master’s or DPhil course at Oxford are eligible. This includes students who are currently studying for a master’s degree at Oxford but who will be re-applying for a DPhil (you would be eligible for funding for the DPhil).
- Applicants who hold deferred offers to start in 2017-18 are not eligible to be considered for this scholarship.
- Students who will continue to study for the same degree at Oxford in the next year are not eligible for this scholarship.
- English Language Requirements: Applicants from outside the home country will often need to meet specific English language/other language requirements in order to be able to study there.