Universities of the Coimbra Group are inviting applications from young researchers for its scholarship programme. Scholarship is awarded for short-term visits to researchers from higher education institutions of countries in the European Neighbourhood.
The Coimbra Group aims to increase co-operation amongst its members by enhancing special academic and cultural ties and creating channels of information and exchange.
Founded in 1985 and formally constituted by Charter in 1987, the Coimbra Group is an association of long-established European multidisciplinary universities of high international standard. The Coimbra Group is committed to creating special academic and cultural ties in order to promote, for the benefit of its members, internationalisation, academic collaboration, excellence in learning and research, and service to society.
Course Level: Scholarships are available for short-term visits to young researchers from higher education institutions from countries in the European Neighbourhood.
Study Subject: Scholarships are awarded in all disciplines.
Scholarship Award: Scholarships covers according to the university:-
- University of Granada: €900 per month + health insurance + reimbursement of travel expenses up to €800.
- Karl-Franzens University of Graz: €1000 per month + reimbursement of travel expenses up to €300.
- University of Groningen: €1190 per month (to cover housing and other expenses) + reimbursement of travel costs up to €500 + health insurance (about €40 per month).
- Heidelberg University: €900 per month.
- Alexandru Ioan Cuza University of Iasi: reimbursement of travel expenses up to €350 + the University will cover accommodation and meals.
- Friedrich Schiller University Jena: €1000 per month + reimbursement of travel expenses up to €500 + reimbursement of health insurance costs.
- KU Leuven:- €1600 per month to cover all costs (accommodation, food, and other expenses) + third party liability insurance and medical insurance for two months.
- University of Padova: €800 per month to cover all costs (accommodation, food, and other expenses) + reimbursement of travel expenses up to €500.
- University of Poitiers: €1000 per month + reimbursement of travel expenses up to €400.
- Saint Petersburg State University: 25000 rubles per month.
- University of Salamanca: the University will provide accommodation and food.
Scholarship can be taken in University of Granada (Spain), Karl-Franzens University of Graz (Austria), University of Groningen (the Netherlands), University of Heidelberg (Germany), Alexandru Ioan Cuza University of Iasi (Romania), KU Leuven (Belgium), University of Padova (Italy), University of Poitiers (France) and University of Salamanca (Spain).
Eligibility: Applicants must fulfil all the following criteria:
- Be under the age of 35.
- Be nationals of and current residents in one of the above-listed countries.
- Be current academic staff members of a university or an equivalent higher education institution located in one of the listed countries and be of postdoctoral or equivalent status, although some institutions may offer opportunities to doctoral students.
Nationality: Albania, Algeria, Armenia, Azerbaijan, Belarus, Bosnia and Herzegovina, Egypt, Former Yugoslav Republic of Macedonia, Georgia, Israel, Jordan, Kazakhstan, Kosovo, Kyrgyzstan, Lebanon, Libya, Moldova, Montenegro, Morocco, the Palestinian Authority, Russia (grants available only at the University of Groningen), Serbia, Syria, Tajikistan, Tunisia, Turkmenistan, Ukraine, and Uzbekistan.
College Admission Requirement
Entrance Requirement: Applicant must be current academic staff members of a university or an equivalent higher education institution located in one of the listed countries and be of postdoctoral or equivalent status, although some institutions may offer opportunities to doctoral students.
How to Apply: To apply it is necessary to submit online scholarship application form.
Application Deadline: The application deadline is March 31, 2017.