CSIR-Institute of Genomics & Integrative Biology (IGIB) is inviting applicants from India to apply for CSIR-IGIB Fellowship. The fellowship is available for pursuing research programme for the academic year 2017/18.
The institute aims to promote the research by giving financial support to the applicants in the field of Biology.
CSIR-Institute of Genomics & Integrative Biology (IGIB) is a premier Institute of Council of Scientific and Industrial Research (CSIR), engaged in research of national importance in the areas of genomics, molecular medicine, bioinformatics, proteomics and environmental biotechnology.
Course Level: The fellowship is available to pursue research.
Study Subject: The fellowship is awarded in the field of Biology.
Scholarship Award: The fellowship will cover the following:
- Sc/M.Tech/M.Pharm/B.Tech/B.Pharm/B.E/MBBS candidates should hold CSIR-UGC(JRF)/DBT(JRF)/ICMR- JRF/DST-INSPIRE or equivalent (fellowship certificate should be valid at least till July 13, 2017, in all cases). Fellowship conditions should allow them to work in CSIR Laboratories and under CSIR projects. B.Tech/B.Pharm/B.E students who fulfill the conditions for GATE-JRF fellowship.
Numbers of Scholarships: Not known
Scholarship can be taken in India
Eligibility: Applicants must meet the following area for the scholarship:
- Masters’ degree (M.Sc/M.Tech/M.Pharm) with at least 60% (or equivalent in CGPA) in any branch of Life Sciences/Biotechnology/Chemistry/Physics/Mathematics/Computer Science or allied subjects with the special interest in Biology.
- Tech (in Biological sciences or other branches with special interest in Biology)/B.Pharm/B.E./MBBS candidates with at least 60% (or equivalent in CGPA) may also apply.
- In addition to this, all candidates should also have obtained at least 60% (or equivalent in CGPA) in their XII th standard board examination.
- Both the criteria are relaxed for SC/ST/OBC (non-creamy) candidates to a minimum of 55% in the highest qualifying exam and at the XII th standard board examination.
- Candidates who are awaiting results for the highest qualifying examinations are allowed to appear, but their admission is subject to clearing all the eligibility criteria at the time of admission.
- Please convert CGPA grades to the percentage.
Nationality: Indian applicants can apply for this fellowship.
College Admission Requirement
Entrance Requirement: Applicants must have previous year degree.
How to Apply: Applicants can apply through online mode.
- A digital passport photograph not more than 2MB in size.
- Details of your educational qualifications (marks, subjects, university, year of passing, etc). Please convert CGPA grades to the percentage.
- A succinctly written research proposal highlighting the following
- Title of the proposal
- Introduction to the problem.
- What is not known?
- How do you aim to solve it?
- 1-page schematic (can be hand-drawn, or computer made) on the proposal. The total proposal can be maximally 1500 words (excluding the figure). The proposal file should be a single pdf file containing the schematic. It needs to be uploaded during the application process. Please write and keep this ready this before initiating the application process.
Application Deadline: The application deadline is May 31, 2017.