The Council of Scientific and Industrial Research (CSIR) & North East Institute of Science and Technology (NEIST) are delighted to offer its Golden Jubilee Scholarship. The scholarship is available to pursue bachelor degree programme.
The aim of the scholarship is to support students who want to take science as their career and during the course, opportunity will be provided for a training / Project work in any CSIR Laboratory of India for a maximum period of six months.
North East Institute of Science and Technology (NEIST), Jorhat (formerly Regional Research Laboratory) is a constituent establishment of the Council of Scientific and Industrial Research (CSIR), a premier R&D organisation of India, which has a chain of laboratories across the country.
Course Level: Scholarship is available to pursue Bachelor Degree programme (B.Sc., B.Sc Hons).
Study Subject: Scholarship is awarded in the field of natural/ basic sciences.
Scholarship Award: Scholarship will cover the following:
- The value of the scholarship will be 1000/- per month.
- In addition, a stipend of 1500 p.m. will be provided for a maximum period of six months training / project work during the entire course.
Number of Scholarships: Not known
Scholarship can be taken in India
Eligibility: The following criteria must be met in order for applicants to be eligible for the scholarship:
- The scholarship is exclusively meant for students from North East India.
- The students must have obtained minimum 70% marks (or 7 in 10 scales) at 10+2 examination and passed in the year 2017only.
- Student must be admitted to a basic science course at degree level.
- Only the scholarship holder will be eligible for availing the training stipend.
- Economically weak students will be given preference.
Nationality: Applicants from North East India are eligible to apply for the scholarship.
College Admission Requirement
Entrance Requirements: Applicants must have a previous year degree.
How to Apply: Applicants can apply via post:
- Application completely filled in the prescribed format and necessary documents attached should be submitted by the end of August every year.
- Application received during the prescribed date will be evaluated and short listed by the Award Evaluation Committee by the end of August every year.
- Short listed candidates will be screened in order of merit. If there are many candidates having same score, the selection will be based on the personal interview.
- Announcement of the selected students, eligible for the scholarship, will be declared on 26 September and he/ she will be communicated in the first week of September every year.
- Second class train or bus fare (to & fro) will be provided for appearing in the personal interview, wherever applicable.
- Second class train or bus fare (to & fro) will be provided for attending the award ceremony at CSIR-NEIST.
Application Deadline: The application deadline is September 15, 2017.