CSIRO is offering Postdoctoral Fellowship in Barley Rust Resistance to launch their scientific careers through their Postdoctoral Fellowships. Australian citizens are eligible to apply for this fellowship program.
These fellowships provide an experience that will enhance career prospects and facilitate the development of potential leaders for CSIRO.
At CSIRO, They do the extraordinary every day. We innovate for tomorrow and help improve today – for our customers, all Australians, and the world.
Applicants must high level was written and oral communication skills with the ability to represent the research team effectively internally and externally, including at national and international conferences.
Course Level: Fellowship is available to pursue the postdoctoral program.
Study Subject: Fellowship is awarded in Barley Rust Resistance.
Scholarship Award: Fellowship of $78K – $88K value plus up to 15.4% superannuation.
Number of Scholarships: Not Known
Scholarship can be taken in Australia
Eligibility: To be successful you will need:
- A doctorate (or will shortly satisfy the requirements for a PhD) in a relevant discipline area, such as plant biology, breeding or plant genetics
- Demonstrated experience in cloning disease resistance genes from large plant genomes (such as Triticeae species) and analysis of the barley genome
- Demonstrated experience in developing mutants and characterisation of barley rust response phenotypes
- Extensive experience in plant genome and RNA analysis, combining laboratory, glasshouse, and field-based plant growth experiments
- Ability to drive regularly to Interstate field sites to manage and analyze plant population responses to rust epidemics
Nationality: Australian citizens are eligible to apply for this fellowship program.
College Admission Requirement
Entrance Requirements: Applicants must have a doctorate (or will shortly satisfy the requirements for a PhD) in a relevant discipline area, such as plant biology, breeding or plant genetics.
English Language Requirements: Applicants must have proven proficiency in scientific communication through publication
How to Apply: The mode of application is online. Please upload one document only that includes both your cover letter and CV/Resume, ensuring that you provide enough information relevant to this position to enable the selection panel to determine your suitability for this role. If your application proceeds to the next stage you may be asked to provide additional information.
Application Deadline: Scholarship application deadline is July 30, 2017.