The Embassy of the Czech Republic in Lusaka is inviting applications for Small Local Development Projects Grants programme. These grants are awarded in various fields such as projects to promote local development, improve health or medical care, eradicate poverty, make education available, educate people in rural areas, protect the environment, or improve the position of women in the society.
The aim of this bilateral foreign development cooperation instrument of the Czech Republic is not to build capacity of the implementer but to support its development activities of a smaller scale.
The Embassy of the Czech Republic in Lusaka is responsible for cultivating political, economic, consular and cultural relations with Zimbabwe, as well as with Malawi and Zambia.
Course Level: These grants are available to pursue local development projects.
Study Subject: These grants are awarded in various fields such as projects to promote local development, improve health or medical care, eradicate poverty, make education available, educate people in rural areas, protect the environment, or improve the position of women in the society.
Scholarship Award: The financial contribution for a small local project is 200,000 – 500,000 CZK (approx. 23,000, – USD).
Number of Scholarships: Not known
Scholarship can be taken in Czech Republic
Eligibility: Applicants must meet the following eligibility requirements:
- A small local project can only be implemented by a local entity having legal subjectivity in Zambia. A contribution cannot be claimed by an individual.
- A project may target different spheres; health, education, social services or agriculture are recommended.
- The project must be relevant to the needs and priorities of Zambia and must be in line with the priorities of the Czech Republic development cooperation.
- The project must be cost-effective and economical, for which reason all receipts must be documented. Personal costs – wage / fee, diet, accommodation, travel insurance, vaccination and other personnel costs must not exceed 25 % of the total budget. It is recommended that the contribution does not cover the overall budget of the project but to ensure its co-financing from other sources.
Nationality: Zambian applicants are eligible for these grants.
College Admission Requirement
Entrance Requirement: Applicants must have previous year degree.
English Language Requirement: Applicants must be fluent in English.
How to Apply: Applicants can apply by post.
- The filled identification form in the English language (attached below), signed and stamped by the organization. “Local currency” row shall contain the amount in ZMW, all the Czech crowns sections must be filled by using official Exchange rate (provided by the Embassy);
- A verified copy of the document (in English or translated into English) certifying that the applicant has legal subjectivity (it is officially registered) in Zambia;
- A confirmation in Czech or English that the person who signed the identification form has the competency to sign the application.
Application Deadline: The application deadline is October 15, 2017.