DAAD (German Academic Exchange Service) is offering a postdoctoral fellowship at African Institute for Mathematical Sciences (AIMS) Cameroon.
The purpose of the programme is to provide opportunities to post-doctoral researchers to conduct cooperative research at AIMS Cameroon, under the guidance of the research chair holder. The programme is designed to support post-doctoral training.
AIMS Cameroon is one of the six centers of the African Institute for Mathematical Sciences (AIMS) which is a pan-African network of centers of excellence for postgraduate education, research and outreach in mathematical sciences. AIMS mission is to enable Africa’s brightest students to flourish as independent thinkers, problem solvers, and innovators capable of propelling Africa’s future scientific, educational and economic self-sufficiency.
Course Level: Fellowship is available to pursue Postdoctoral programme.
Study Subject: Fellowship is awarded in the field:
preferably applicants with a strong background in Quantitative and/or Numerical Analysis of Partial Differential Equations and their applications in real-world problems.
The fellowship is tenable at AIMS Cameroon, located in Limbe, a pleasant coastal town in the South West Region of Cameroon, about two hours from Douala International Airport.
Scholarship Award: The fellowship consists of:
- A travel allowance to participate in international conferences: 2000 EUR
- a monthly instalment: 1000 EUR
- a personal lump sum of 100 Euro/month (for work-visa etc)
- The incumbent is obliged to conclude an insurance policy (health/accident/personal liability).
Number of Scholarships: Not Known
Scholarship can be taken in Sub-Saharan Africa
Eligibility: The following criteria must be met in order for applicants to be eligible for the scholarship:
- Have completed their PhD degree less than three years ago.
- Be current or prospective teaching or research staff at an international university or research institution.
- Be preferably nationals of a Sub-Saharan African country.
Nationality: Applicants from Sub-Saharan African countries (Angola, Benin, Botswana, Burkina Faso, Burundi, Cameroon, Cape Verde, Central African Republic, Chad, Comoros, Congo (Brazzaville), Congo (Democratic Republic), Ivory Coast, Djibouti, Equatorial Guinea, Eritrea, Ethiopia, Gabon, Gambia, Ghana, Guinea, Guinea-Bissau, Kenya, Lesotho, Liberia, Madagascar, Malawi, Mali, Mauritania, Mauritius, Mozambique, Namibia, Niger, Nigeria, Rwanda, Sao Tome and Principe, Senegal,Seychelles, Sierra Leone, Somalia, South Africa, South Sudan, Sudan, Swaziland, Tanzania, Togo, Uganda, Zambia and Zimbabwe) are eligible to apply for this fellowship programme.
College Admission Requirement
Entrance Requirements: Applicants must have completed their PhD degree less than three years ago.
English Language Requirements: There is also a teaching responsibility and teaching language will be in English.
How to Apply: Please send a copy of your application to Prof. Dr. Gisèle Mophou at AIMS Cameroon via the following address by email.
Applicants will be required to register online via the DAAD-Portal: (see below)
Documents to be submitted
- DAAD application form duly filled (available in the DAAD-Portal).
- Curriculum Vitae (please use the euro pass specimen form at http://europass.cedefop.europa.eu), including a list of publications (if applicable).
- Research proposal (maximum 5 pages) including detailed time and work plan which must have been arranged in advance with the chair holder.
- 2 recommendation letters from academic referees.
- PhD certificate (certified as a true copy of the original certificate).
- Master’s certificate (certified as a true copy of the original certificate).
Application Deadline: Applications will be received the latest by November 9, 2017.