The Department of Journalism Studies is offering two Dan Walker Journalism Scholarships worth £10,000 each. These scholarships are available for UK or European Union students starting a taught postgraduate course in journalism in 2017.
The University of Sheffield is a public research university in Sheffield, South Yorkshire, England. It received its royal charter in 1905 as successor to the University College of Sheffield, which was established in 1897 by the merger of Sheffield Medical School, Firth College and Sheffield Technical School.
Applicants whose first language is not English are usually required to provide evidence of proficiency in English at the higher level required by the University.
Course Level: Scholarships are available for pursuing taught the postgraduate course.
Study Subject: Scholarships are awarded in the field of journalism.
Scholarship Award: Scholarships worth £10,000 each.
Scholarship can be taken in the UK
Eligibility: You can apply for a scholarship if you meet all of the following four criteria:
- You either already hold an offer of a place, or wish to apply, for MA Broadcast Journalism or MA Print Journalism at the University of Sheffield
- You are domiciled in the UK or European Union (EU) and not charged international rate fees
- You are not already qualified at masters level or higher
- You are self-funding
And either one or both of the following:
- You are from a group that is evidentially under-represented among the institution’s taught masters population – see the widening participation criteria below
- You have already achieved or are currently predicted to achieve a first-class undergraduate degree – see the academic merit criteria below
Nationality: The UK or European Union (EU) students are eligible to apply.
College Admission Requirement
Entrance Requirement: Applicants must have undergraduate degree.
Test Requirement: No
English Language Requirement: Applicants whose first language is not English are usually required to provide evidence of proficiency in English at the higher level required by the University.
How to Apply: In order to be eligible to apply for the scholarship, you must have applied for a place on either MA Print Journalism or MA Broadcast Journalism before the scholarship closing date of 26 June 2017. You can still apply for the course after this date, but you will no longer be eligible to apply for a scholarship. To apply for a course please use Postgraduate Online Application Form.
Application Deadline: The application deadline is June 26, 2017.