For the academic year 2018-2019, City University of London is offering two full-time, three-year PhD studentships at the Department of Computer Science. Studentships are available for UK, EU and international graduates wishing to pursue cutting-edge research in Data Science.
City, University of London is a public research university in London, United Kingdom. Until 2016 its name was City University, London, or colloquially, City.
The candidate should have a very good command of English language. Therefore, the application should be written in English.
- Application Deadline: April 27, 2018
- Course Level: Studentships are available for pursuing PhD programme.
- Study Subject: Studentships are awarded in the field of Data Science.
- Scholarship Award: A doctoral studentship will provide:
An annual bursary (£16,000 in 2018/19)
A full tuition fee for UK and EU students. Applications from overseas applicants are welcome but the applicant must make appropriate arrangements to cover the difference between the overseas and UK tuition fee.
- Number of Scholarships: There are two studentships available.
- Scholarship can be taken in the UK
Eligibility for the Scholarship:
- Eligible Countries: UK, EU and International students can apply for these studentships
- Entrance Requirements: The studentships will be awarded on the basis of outstanding academic achievement and the potential to produce cutting edge-research.
Applicants must hold at least a 2.1 honours degree or merit level Masters degree in a relevant subject (or international equivalent)
Applicants whose first language is not English must have achieved at least 6.5 in IELTS or a recognised equivalent
Applicants must not be currently registered as a doctoral student at City, University of London or any other academic institution.
- English Language Requirements: If English is not your first language then you will need to show that your English language skills are at a high enough level to succeed in your studies.
Applications must consist of a research degree application form, three-page research proposal, proof of academic qualifications, proof of English language proficiency (if you do not speak English as your first language) and two confidential references (one of which must be an academic reference).
How to Apply:
The documents should be compiled into a single document and submitted via email. Please use the following subject in your submission: Data Science PhD Studentship Application.