Cardiff University is inviting applications for DEFINE-funded Ph.D. in Psychology. UK/EU/overseas students can apply for this studentship.
The aim of the Cardiff Business School Ph.D. studentship is to enable and encourage academically able students from any nationality.
Cardiff is established as one of Britain’s leading universities. Its ambition is to be among the top 100 universities in the world and top 20 in the UK.
Applicants will have, or expect to gain, a first-class/good upper-second degree, or a distinction/merit at Master’s level, in psychology, biology, neuroscience, or engineering/computer science.
Course Level: Studentship is provided for Ph.D. program at Cardiff University.
Study Subject: Studentship is provided in Psychology: Novel Genetic Models for Brain Disorders.
- This studentship is generously funded by DEFINE and consists of full UK/EU tuition fees at UK/EU rate, as well as a Doctoral Stipend matching UK Research Council National Minimum £14,296 p.a. for 2016/17. Applicants will also receive a computer and office space. They will become a member of, and have access to courses offered by the University’s Doctoral Academy.
- One studentship is available.
- Additional funding is available for research expenses and conference attendance. Funding amount to be confirmed.
Scholarship can be taken in the UK
- Academic criteria: The successful candidate will be an enthusiastic and innovative individual. You will have, or expect to gain, a first-class/good upper-second degree, or a distinction/merit at Master’s level, in psychology, biology, neuroscience, or engineering/computer science. Research experience in electrophysiological and/or animal behavior methods is desirable but not essential, as are programming skills. You will need to have good written and oral communication skills. In view of the limited number of awards and the very high standard of applications received, successful applicants are likely to have a very good first degree.
- Residency: This studentship is open to students of any nationality. Students classified as international for fee purposes have to self-fund the difference between home and international fees.
Nationality: UK/EU/overseas students can apply for the studentship.
College Admission Requirement
Entrance Requirement: Applicants will have, or expect to gain, a first-class/good upper-second degree, or a distinction/merit at Master’s level, in psychology, biology, neuroscience, or engineering/computer science.
Test Requirement: No
English Language Requirements: Applicants from outside the home country will often need to meet specific English language/other language requirements in order to be able to study there.
How to Apply: Consideration is automatic on applying for the Doctor of Philosophy (Psychology), with a start date ofJanuary 2017 via Cardiff University’s Online Application Service. In the research proposal section of your application, please specify the project title and supervisors of this project and copy the project description in the text box provided. In the funding section, please select “I will be applying for a scholarship / grant” and specify that you are applying for advertised funding from DEFINE.
Application Deadline: The deadline for applications is 30 September 2016.