Defence Science and Technology Agency is offering DSTA scholarships for Singaporean students. Scholarships are open to first-year junior college students or equivalent in the science stream.
The Defence Science and Technology Agency is a statutory board under the Ministry of Defence (Singapore) of the Singapore Government.
Course Level: Scholarships are available to first-year junior college students.
Study Subject: Scholarships are awarded in the science stream.
Scholarship Award: The DSTA Junior College Scholarship is open to first-year junior college students or equivalent in the Science stream. DSTA Junior College Scholars enjoy the following exclusive benefits:
- Scholarship award of $2,000, subject to continued academic excellence*.
- Award holder will be provided with an opportunity to learn about defence technology by participating in a programme or activity (e.g. Internship^, student visits, camps, workshops or lectures) with the Defence Technology Community (DTC).
- The award carries no bond.
* Students will receive $1,000 in the year of the award. Continuation of the award in the 2nd year is subjected to excellent academic performance in your JC1 promotional examinations, upon which you will receive another $1,000.
Scholarship can be taken in The Singapore
Eligibility: To be a greater mind, students must
- Be a Singapore Citizen.
- Have achieved excellent results, with an aggregate of not more than 8 points for first language and 5 relevant subjects for those doing GCE ‘O’ Level
- Be studying in science stream with a keen interest in Physics / Mathematics.
- Has the interest to explore Defence Engineering or Defence Research as a career.
Nationality: Citizens of Singapore are eligible to apply.
How to Apply: The mode of applying is online.
Application Deadline: The application deadline is February 15, 2017.