Applications are invited for Dutch L’Oréal-UNESCO Fellowship for women in Science available to Dutch students.
The aim is to promote the number of women professors in the Netherlands.
These national grants, which have been available since 2012, are part of the international partnership between L’Oréal and UNESCO – “For Women in Science” (FWIS) which was set up in 1998 to improve the position of women working in science. FWIS has two international programmes alongside national programmes in different countries
- Application Deadline: May 11, 2018
- Course Level: This fellowship is available to women researchers.
- Study Subject: Fellowship is awarded for women working in the field of Life Sciences.
- Scholarship Award: Two grants of € 25.000 each are available annually to fund the costs of two fellowships at NIAS in Amsterdam for a continuous period of either 3 or 5 months. The fellowships are called ‘Dutch L’OréalUNESCO Fellowship for Women in Science’ and include the provision of an office, computer, and research facilities and, depending on the distance between NIAS and home, either accommodation or a daily travel allowance. The holder of the fellowship may be eligible to apply for replacement funds to cover the costs of teaching, administrative or clinical tasks. FWIS fellows are eligible to apply for funds to cover the additional expenses of child-care made during their fellowship.
- Nationality: This fellowship is available to Dutch students.
- Number of Scholarships: Two grants are available.
- Scholarship can be taken in the Netherlands
Eligibility for the Scholarship:
Eligible Countries: This fellowship is available to Dutch students.
Entrance Requirements: To be eligible for this scholarship you must meet the following requirements:
Women researchers with 3-10 years of post-PhD academic experience (Veni/Vidi level) may apply. Maternity leave, part-time work and family care will be taken into account and, if applicable, the upper limit of 10 years can be extended by up to 18 months per child.
Applicants submit a proposal to the on a current research topic in the Life Sciences, which we define as: proposals focusing on scientific and engineering knowledge that contribute to the understanding of the underlying processes in the existence of living organisms. This includes the study of conditions of health and disease in humans. It implies a comprehensive and integrated approach which may also include the humanities and social sciences, while at the same time doing justice to a solid foundation in the natural sciences.
As the aim of this programme is to increase the number of women professors in the Netherlands by improving the career prospects of women researchers, only researchers with a permanent or temporary contract0F 1 at a Dutch University or Research Institute are eligible to apply. Zero-hour contracts or visiting researcher positions do not apply.
The Call is open from 8 March 2018 to 11 May 2018. Applications can be submitted for fellowships at NIAS starting early September 2019 or early February 2020 (academic year 2019/2020).
Candidates who are not successful may apply a second time by submitting a new project proposal to the Dutch L’Oréal UNESCO For Women in Science Grant Programme.
English Language Requirements: Applicants whose first language is not English are usually required to provide evidence of proficiency in English at the higher level required by the University.
How to Apply: An application consists of the following:
- Application form
- Project proposal form
- CV (maximum 5 pages including the list of publications)
- Two letters of recommendation
- Copies of the two most relevant publications For more information about the application criteria please consult the application form and the project proposal form. The application can be submitted by email to dr. Marike Bontenbal, Nederlandse UNESCO Commission, mbontenbal-at-unesco.nl, no later than May 11, 2018.