The Centre for Energy, Petroleum and Mineral Law and Policy (CEPMLP) in partnership with the energy industry is offering a fully funded postgraduate scholarship leading to the degree Mineral Law and Policy LLM. Applicants from Somalia can apply for this scholarship.
LLM programme is designed for lawyers and non-lawyers to gain an understanding of the legal and regulatory environment and processes in the international energy and resources industries.
The Centre for Energy, Petroleum and Mineral Law and Policy at the University of Dundee is the internationally renowned graduate school in the field of international business transactions and natural resources and energy law and policy.
- Application Deadline: March 9, 2018
- Course Level: Scholarship is available for pursuing postgraduate (LLM) programme.
- Study Subject: Scholarship is awarded in the area of Mineral Law and Policy.
- Scholarship Award: 100% tuition fee scholarship plus monthly stipend
- Number of Scholarships: Not given
- Nationality: Applicants from Somalia
- Scholarship can be taken in the UK
Eligibility for the Scholarship:
- Eligible Countries: Applicants from Somalia can apply for this scholarship.
- Entrance Requirements: Applicants eligible for consideration should:
- Applicants must meet the entry requirements detailed on the LLM Mineral Law and Policy Programme page
- Upon receiving an offer from the University, applicants are required to provide a 250 word supporting statement directly to Alison Anderson, CEPMLP Administrator
- Applicants must also send, along with the supporting statement, a scanned copy of their passport photo page and a statement stating they have no affiliation to Government officials in Somalia.
- In addition to completing the course, there are specific obligations on both the Ministry of Petroleum and Mineral Resources of Somalia (the Ministry) and the candidate.
- English Language Requirements: Applicants must be able to demonstrate a high level of English language competence (minimum of IELTS 6.5 or equivalent, with no component less than 6.0.
How to Apply: Application deadline is Friday 9 March 2018. Skype interviews will be held with shortlisted applicants week commencing 29 March 2018.