The Centre for Energy, Petroleum and Mineral Law and Policy (CEPMLP) in partnership with the energy industry is offering a fully funded postgraduate scholarship leading to the degree Mineral Law and Policy LLM. Applicants from Somalia can apply for this scholarship.
LLM programme is designed for lawyers and non-lawyers to gain an understanding of the legal and regulatory environment and processes in the international energy and resources industries.
The Centre for Energy, Petroleum and Mineral Law and Policy at the University of Dundee is the internationally renowned graduate school in the field of international business transactions and natural resources and energy law and policy.
Course Level: Scholarship is available for pursuing postgraduate (LLM) programme.
Study Subject: Scholarship is awarded in the area of Mineral Law and Policy.
Scholarship Award: The award will offer the successful candidate:
- Payment of academic tuition fees
- 12 monthly stipends for living expenses for a single student
- International travel costs to start the course and travel back to Somalia once the course is completed
Scholarship can be taken in the UK
Eligibility: Applicants eligible for consideration should:
- Be Somali or of Somali origin (if living in diaspora)
- Be able to demonstrate a high level of English language competence (minimum of IELTS 6.5 or equivalent, with no component less than 6.0)
- Be willing to return to Somalia on completion of the LLM program to work for the Ministry of Petroleum and Mineral Resources for a minimum period of 2 years
- Already hold a degree of an equivalent standard to at least a good UK upper second class honours degree or higher
- Work experience in the energy/natural resources industry is an advantage, though it is not a strict requirement for admission to the Masters programme
- Complete their application to the University of Dundee through UKPASS including provision of references and degree transcripts etc
- Provide a reason for application (supporting statement) no longer than 250 words directly to Alison Anderson (a.e.anderson-at-dundee.ac.uk) at the University of Dundee
- Applicants must agree to their personal information and information submitted as part of the application process being shared with the sponsor of this scholarship programme
Nationality: Applicants from Somalia can apply for this scholarship.
College Admission Requirement
Entrance Requirement: Applicants should have the equivalent to a UK Honours degree, preferably at 2:1 level or above. Candidates with a 2:2 degree may also apply. Preferred degree disciplines are Law, Economics, Geology, Petroleum or Mining Engineering, Finance. Work experience in the energy/natural resources industry is an advantage, though it is not a strict requirement for admission to the MSc.
Test Requirement: No
English Language Requirement: Applicants must be able to demonstrate a high level of English language competence (minimum of IELTS 6.5 or equivalent, with no component less than 6.0.
How to Apply: All applications must be made through UKPASS.
Application Deadline: The application deadline is 15th July 2016.