The Austrian Latin America-Institute (LAI) is inviting applications for Etta-Becker-Donner Scholarship Programme. The scholarship programme supports the participation of researchers from Latin America at scientific conferences taking place in Austria.
The objective of the Etta-Becker-Donner Scholarship Programme is to promote the mobility of Latin American researchers and support contacts between research institutions of Austria and Latin America.
The program is funded by the Austrian Ministry of Education, Science and Research (bmbwf) and implemented by the Austrian Latin America Institute in cooperation with the Department of Political Science of the University of Vienna,
The candidate should have a very good command of English language. Therefore, the application should be written in English.
- Application Deadline: March 11, 2018
- Course Level: Scholarships
- Study Subject: Scholarships
- Scholarship Award: The scholarship covers costs up to a total amount of € 2.600 for travel expenses, conference fee and daily allowance up to 10 days.
- Number of Scholarships: Not Known
- Scholarship can be taken in Austria
Eligibility for the Scholarship:
- Eligible Countries: Under the current call, only researchers from the following regions may apply for the scholarship: Central America: Costa Rica, El Salvador, Guatemala, Honduras, Nicaragua, Panama and Caribbean: Cuba, Puerto Rico, Dominican Republic.
- Entrance Requirements: The following minima criteria have to be met in order to be eligible:
Be a researcher from Central America or the Caribbean (see chapter 2)
Have a postgraduate level and/or at least three years of research experience (full time)
Be a member or an employee of a research institution and/or a higher education institution and/or a SME1 which dedicates its work to research. For this purpose a recommendation letter of the applicant’s research institution is required.
Participate actively in a scientific conference taking place in Austria. A confirmation or an invitation of the conference organizers regarding an active participation is required.
Have sufficient knowledge of the conference language in order to be able to participate actively. A verification of language skills is required.
Have a research appointment at an Austrian research institution. It is required to add an invitation letter of the Austrian research institution which you plan to visit.
English Language Requirements: The candidate should have a very good command of English language. Therefore, the application should be written in English.
How to Apply:
The application form has to be completed in English or Spanish and has to be submitted as a Word document. All additional required documents have to besubmitted as a single pdf file. The application has to be submitted via Email to the Austrian Latin-America Institute.