The University College Cork is offering 11 Excellence Scholarships for international PhD students. These scholarships are awarded every year to applicants who intend to start a PhD, PhD Track or MPhil degree in the College of Arts, Celtic Studies and Social Sciences in September 2018 or January 2019.
University College Cork – National University of Ireland, Cork is a constituent university of the National University of Ireland and located in Cork.
If English is not your first language you will need to meet the university’s English language requirements for postgraduate courses.
- Application Deadline: April 20, 2018
- Course Level: Scholarships are available for pursuing PhD, PhD Track or MPhil degree programme.
- Study Subject: Scholarships are awarded in the College of Arts, Celtic Studies and Social Sciences.
- Scholarship Award: The scholarships cover EU tuition fees and are tenable for the duration of the student’s chosen postgraduate course (2 yrs for MPhil. 3 years for PhD and 4 years for structured PhD eg PhD Digital Arts and Humanities)
- Number of Scholarships: There are eleven scholarships available.
- Scholarship can be taken in Ireland
Eligibility for the Scholarship:
- Eligible Countries: The scholarships are open to EU and non-EU students.
- Entrance Requirements:
The scholarships are open to EU and non-EU students. However, the funding will only cover the EU fee, so successful non-EU applicants will be responsible for the balance.
Applicants must have at least Second Class Honours (Grade 1) or equivalent in their first or subsequent degree and must have already applied for their chosen postgraduate course at www.pac.ie/ucc. A referee’s report will be required as part of the application process.
- English Language Requirements: If English is not your first language you will need to meet the university’s English language requirements for postgraduate courses.
How to Apply:
Students must email the completed application form (one Word or PDF document) plus an academic transcript (one pdf document) no later than April 20, 2018, via email.