The University of Auckland is looking applicants for its Faculty of Education and Social Work Literacy Research Scholarship. The scholarship is exclusively open for the nationals of New Zealand to pursue doctoral or masters research programme.
The main purpose of the Scholarship is to support a postgraduate student in the Faculty of Education and Social Work to research teaching materials that support literacy learning.
The University of Auckland is the largest university in New Zealand, located in the country’s largest city, Auckland. It is the highest-ranked university in the country, being ranked 81st worldwide in the 2016/17 QS World University Rankings.
Course Level: The scholarship is available to pursue doctoral or masters research programme.
Study Subject: The scholarship is awarded in the Faculty of Education and Social Work to research teaching materials that support literacy learning.
Scholarship Award: The scholarship will cover $10,000.
Number of Scholarships: One scholarship is available.
Scholarship can be taken in New Zealand
Eligibility: Applicants must meet the following eligibility requirements:
- The Scholarship will be awarded to a PhD, EdD or masters thesis candidate in the Faculty of Education and Social Work who is undertaking research into teaching materials that support literacy learning.
- The Scholarship is tenable for students who are New Zealand citizens or permanent residents of New Zealand.
- The basis for selection will be academic merit and the relevance of the proposed research on the use of teaching materials that support literacy learning.
- The Scholarship will be awarded by the University of Auckland Council upon the recommendation of a Selection Committee comprising the Dean of the Faculty of Education and Social Work (or nominee), and two senior academic researchers in the Faculty of Education and Social Work.
- The Scholarship will be paid as a fortnightly stipend. The Scholarship may be concurrently held with any other award
- or grant as long as a) the terms of that award or grant permission and b) the University of Auckland Council is informed
Nationality: Applicants of New Zealand can apply for the scholarship.
College Admission Requirement
Entrance Requirement: Applicants must be a PhD, EdD or master’s thesis candidate.
How to Apply: Applicants can apply through the online processor.
- Please read the regulations carefully to be sure you are eligible before you apply. Then click on the blue “Apply here” button and complete the online application form.
Application Deadline: The application deadline is October 16, 2017.