The Federation of Canada Municipalities (FCM’)s scholarship program is open for Canadian women for the 2017-2018 academic year. The scholarship is open to women students enrolled in any year of study in secondary school and who are contributing to their school´s leadership team or student council.
The aim of The Federation of Canada Municipalities (FCM’) is to give support the women of Canada.
FCM has been the national voice of municipal government since 1901. FCM’s work has benefitted each and every municipal government.
Course Level: The scholarship is available for secondary school students.
Study Subject: The scholarship is awarded in the subjects offered by the university.
Scholarship Award: The award will be $1,000, with one award to be awarded in each of the five regions of Canada:
- British Columbia
- The Prairies and Territories
- Atlantic Canada
Scholarship can be taken in the Canada
Eligibility: The following criteria must be met in order for applicants to be eligible for Award:
- The scholarship is open only to young women students who are enrolled in a Canadian secondary school.
- The student can be in any year of study in secondary school.
- Applicants should be students who are making a contribution to their school’s leadership teams or student councils.
Nationality: Applicants from Canada can apply for the scholarship.
College Admission Requirement:
Entrance Requirement: Applicants must be enrolled in a Canadian secondary school.
How to Apply: The following must be submitted via post:
- In a cover letter, tell us how you have been involved in school activities related to student council or leadership activities.
- Submit a research paper that is related to how women make a difference in community service, leadership positions, or politics.
- The research essay must be between 750 and 1,000 words.
- Applications will be kept on file and considered for up to three years, depending on eligibility.
Two written references are required:
One (1) from a personal friend or relative, and
One (1) from a school instructor.
Application Deadline: The application deadline is January 31, 2017.