Scholarships for developing and developed countries students
Study Subject: Any subject
Employer: Finland Government
Level: Any Level
Scholarship Description: The Finnish Government offers scholarships of 3-9 months for Doctoral level studies, research and teaching at a higher education institution in Finland. The Finnish Government Scholarship Pool programme is open to young researchers from all academic fields. The scholarships can not be applied for post-Doctoral studies or research.
The scholarships are based mainly on cultural agreements or similar arrangements between Finland and the following countries:
Australia, Austria, Belgium, Bulgaria, China, Cuba, Czech Republic, Denmark, Egypt, France, Germany, Greece, Hungary, Iceland, India, Ireland, Israel, Italy, Japan, Luxembourg, Mexico, Mongolia, Namibia, the Netherlands, Poland, Portugal, Republic of Korea, Romania, Slovakia, Spain, Switzerland, Turkey, Ukraine.
To be eligible, the applicant must:
* intend to pursue post-Master’s level studies as a visiting student, participate in a research project or teach at a higher education institution or public research institute in Finland; priority will be given to doctoral studies
* have established contact with the Finnish receiving institution before applying
* have a letter of invitation from the academic supervisor in Finland; the invitation should also include a timetable
* have earned a Master’s-level degree before applying
* not have spent already more than one year at a Finnish higher education institution immediately before the intended scholarship period in Finland
* be able to give proof of sufficient skills in speaking and writing the language needed in study/research
* be a national of one of the eligible countries listed above.
Scholarship Application Deadline: 28 February2011
Further scholarship information and Application