Flinders University is inviting applications for postgraduate research scholarships for international students. Scholarships are tenable for up to three years for a Research Doctorate degree and up to two years for a Research Masters degree.
The Flinders International Postgraduate Research Scholarships are specifically intended to support international students to undertake a doctorate and master degree and at Flinders University. The Scholarship covers international tuition fees and a stipend.
Flinders University enjoys a well-justified reputation for excellence in teaching and research. It also has a long-standing commitment to enhancing educational opportunities for all and a proud record of community engagement.
Applicants are required to have successfully completed at least the equivalent of an Australian First Class Hons degree(this is a four-year degree with a major research project in the final year).
Course Level: Scholarships are tenable for up to three years for a Research Doctorate degree and up to two years for a Research Masters degree.
Study Subject: Scholarships are offered to different departments across the University, all offering a diverse range of courses.
Scholarship Award: The FIPRS pays the international student tuition fees charged by Flinders University for a research higher degree. In addition, a stipend provides the recipient with a generous living allowance paid at the rate of $26,862 per annum (2017 rate). It is tax exempt and indexed annually. An FIPRS student who moves to Adelaide from overseas is eligible for an establishment allowance (after arrival at Flinders) of up to $1,485 to assist with relocation costs and airfares, provided receipts can be produced by the student.
Number of Awards: A very limited number of FIPRS for international students are available each year (5 scholarships in 2017) and due to the limited number of scholarships, each round is highly competitive.
Scholarship can be taken in Australia
Eligibility: Criteria is
- Applicants must be a citizen of any overseas country, except New Zealand, and satisfy the University’s academic entry requirements for a Masters degree by research or Doctorate by research.
- Applicants are required to have successfully completed at least the equivalent of an Australian First Class Hons degree(this is a four year degree with a major research project in the final year)
- Applicants must meet the English proficiency levels set by Flinders University for international students at the time of application. Students for whom English is a foreign language will need to provide evidence of their English language competence.
- Applicants must not hold an equivalent research higher degree qualification. Applications are only open to students commencing a research higher degree in Australia for the first time.
- Applicants must not not hold Australian citizenship, Australian permanent resident status or New Zealand citizenship.
Nationality: International students are eligible to apply for these scholarships.
College Admission Requirement
Entrance Requirement: Applicants are required to have successfully completed at least the equivalent of an Australian First Class Hons degree(this is a four-year degree with a major research project in the final year).
Test Requirement: No
English Language Requirements: Applicants from outside the home country will often need to meet specific English language/other language requirements in order to be able to study there. Applicants must have met the English proficiency levels set by Flinders University for international students at the time of application. Students for whom English is a foreign language will need to provide evidence of their English language competence.
How to Apply: To apply for an Australian Government Research Training Program Scholarship (AGRTPS) and Flinders International Postgraduate Research Scholarship (FIPRS), you will need to first submit an application for candidature to a Research higher degree followed by an application for the International RHD Scholarship group which will produce an application for both the AGRTPS and FIPRS.
- The scholarship application is submitted through the University’s Student Information System. You will need to have an active Flinders Authentication Name (FAN) to complete this process.
- If you have never studied at, or made an application to Flinders University, you can register and submit your application for candidature to a Research higher degree using the application portal.
- If you have studied at Flinders University within the last 12 months you can submit your application for candidature to a degree via the Student Information System. You will find the eApplication portal by selecting the My Applications tab at the top of the page.
- If you have studied at Flinders University but graduated more than 12 months ago you will need to reactive your FAN via the FAN reactivation page. With an active FAN you will then be able to submit your application for candidature via the Student Information System as advised above.
- Once your application is complete, including all mandatory questions and doumentation, your application will be assessed. Assessment will commence once applications have closed.
- Applications close Friday 11 August at 5pm Australia, Adelaide local time.
- Any questions about the application process should be directed to the Student Finance Office via email at rhdscholarships-at-flinders.edu.au
Application Deadline: The application deadline is August 11, 2017.