Microsoft is offering an open online course on Introduction to Cloud Computing. This self-paced course introduces cloud computing concepts where you’ll explore the basics of cloud services and cloud deployment models.
This course will help prepare you for more advanced courses in Windows Server-based cloud and data centre administration. The course will start on September 20, 2016.
Course At A Glance
Length: 6 weeks
Effort: 2-3 hours per week
Subject: Computer Science
Institution: Microsoft and edX
Certificate Available: Yes. Add a Verified Certificate for $25
Session: Course starts on September 20, 2016
Microsoft is offering this online course via the edX platform. Microsoft is offering the course via renowned online platform edX. In this new connected world, Microsoft believes technology creates opportunity, and courses are designed to provide you with the core development skills needed to be successful in the cloud-first, mobile-first world.
About This Course
Cloud computing, or “the cloud”, has gone from a leading trend in IT to mainstream consciousness and wide adoption. This self-paced course introduces cloud computing concepts where you’ll explore the basics of cloud services and cloud deployment models.
You’ll become acquainted with commonly used industry terms, typical business scenarios and applications for the cloud, and benefits and limitations inherent in the new paradigm that is the cloud.
Why Take This Course?
This course will help prepare you for more advanced courses in Windows Server-based cloud and data centre administration.
- Essential cloud computing concepts and terminology
- How organization use different cloud solutions, including private, public, and hybrid clouds.
Tony is a Content Developer for Microsoft with over 15 years specializing in IT professional online training.
Cindy is a Senior Content Developer for Microsoft specializing in Windows Server IT professional online training.
- Learners should have basic computer knowledge and experience
- Knowledge of Windows Server and familiarity of server processes and concepts would be helpful but is not essential
How To Join This Course
- Go to the course website link
- Create an edX account to SignUp
- Choose “Register Now” to get started.
- edX offers honour code certificates of achievement, verified certificates of achievement, and
- XSeries certificates of achievement. Currently, verified certificates are only available in some courses.
- Once applicant sign up for a course and activate their account, click on the Log In button on the edx.org homepage and type in their email address and edX password. This will take them to the dashboard, with access to each of their active courses. (Before a course begins, it will be listed on their dashboard but will not yet have a “view course” option.)