The Chalmers University of Technology is offering on Master Control in Supply Chain Management and Logistics. A supply chain is a complex environment with a multitude of forces and variables with various degrees of dependence.
In this business and management course, applicants will learn methods that are used to master control of supply chains, including how to forecast demand, how to determine the best order quantity for procurement and much more. The course will start on January 10, 2017.
Course At A Glance
Length: 6 weeks
Effort: 4-5 hours per week
Subject: Business & Management
Institution: Chalmers University of Technology and edX
Certificate Available: Yes. Add a Verified Certificate for $49
Session: Course will start on January 10, 2017
The Chalmers University of Technology conducts research and offers education in technology, science, shipping and architecture with a sustainable future as our global vision. Chalmers is well-known for providing an effective environment for innovation and has eight priority areas of international significance – Built Environment, Energy, Information and Communication Technology, Life Science, Materials Science, Nanoscience and Nanotechnology, Production, and Transportation.
About This Course
Logistics and supply chain structures can be found in virtually any system. A supply chain is a complex environment with a multitude of forces and variables with various degrees of dependence. Unforeseen events are frequent and in order to achieve a competitive supply chain, constant supervision is needed.
Why Take This Course?
This is a free online course. This MOOC will be offered with Video Transcripts in English. Participants will receive a certificate upon completion of the course.
In this business and management course, you will learn methods that are used to master control of supply chains, including how to forecast demand, how to determine the best order quantity for procurement, how to plan capacity and production and much more.”
- Basic forecasting methods
- Lot sizing methods
- Safety stock calculations
- Differentiation techniques
- Material and Capacity planning
- Transport Planning
- Logistics aspect on procurement
- Basics in Sales and Operations planning
- Master production scheduling
Per Olof Arnäs
Per Olof is a researcher and senior lecturer in logistics at the Chalmers University of Technology. He has an MSc in Mechanical Engineering and a PhD in Logistics.
Ola is a researcher and senior lecturer in logistics at the Chalmers University of Technology. He has an MSc in Mechanical Engineering and a Lic.Eng. in Logistics.
- Secondary school (high school) algebra
- Basic mathematics concepts
- Some previous Python programming experience (in any version of Python)
How To Join This Course
- Go to the course website link
- Create an edX account to SignUp
- Choose “Register Now” to get started.
- edX offers honour code certificates of achievement, verified certificates of achievement, and XSeries certificates of achievement. Currently, verified certificates are only available in some courses.
- Once applicant sign up for a course and activate their account, click on the Log In button on the orghome page and type in their email address and edX password. This will take them to the dashboard, with access to each of their active courses. (Before a course begins, it will be listed on their dashboard but will not yet have a “view course” option.)