Tsinghua University is offering free online course on Writing, Presenting and Submitting Scientific Papers in English. In this communications course, applicants will learn how to properly write a paper in English, cite references and give attributions.
In this five-week course applicants will learn how to properly write a scientific paper, based on international standards, and effectively make a presentation to submit proposals for funding.
Course At A Glance
Length: 5 weeks
Effort: 3 hours pw
Institution: Tsinghua University and edx
Certificate Available: Yes, Add a Verified Certificate for $49
Tsinghua University, founded in 1911, is one of the most prestigious universities in Asia. Tsinghua University consists of 19 schools and 55 departments with faculties in science, engineering, humanities, social sciences, architecture, management, law, medicine, arts and design.
About This Course
In this communications course, you will learn how to properly write a paper in English, cite references and give attributions. You will also learn how to choose research topics and write proposals for research funding.
It is increasingly important that new scholars and students become familiar with, and abide by the international standard when writing papers, submitting them for publication, dealing with editors, and applying for funding. Above all, knowing how to conduct a clear English presentation is an essential requirement for research papers being accepted.
Why Take This Course?
In this course, along with learning best practices for writing a paper, you will also learn about “conventions and protocols” of international academia and the cultural differences between East and West.
- How to write papers in English
- Best practices for making presentations in English
- Experiences and advice on scientific research
- Benefits of taking part in an academic community
Center for Intelligent and Networked Systems, Tsinghua University
College English and preliminary research training
How To Join This Course
- Go to the course website link
- Create an edX account to SignUp
- Choose “Register Now” to get started.
- EdX offers honor code certificates of achievement, verified certificates of achievement, and XSeries certificates of achievement. Currently, verified certificates are only available in some courses.
- Once applicant sign up for a course and activate their account, click on the Log In button on the edx.org homepage and type in their email address and edX password. This will take them to the dashboard, with access to each of their active courses. (Before a course begins, it will be listed on their dashboard but will not yet have a “view course” option.)