The program is sponsored by the U.S Department of State’s Bureau of Educational and Cultural Affairs and aims to recruit participants from underrepresented, non-elite backgrounds.
The Malaysian-American Commission on Educational Exchange (MACEE) was founded in 1963 as a binational commission for Malaysia and the United States to promote educational exchange between the two countries. MACEE’s founding document is a bilateral agreement ratified by the governments of Malaysia and the United States. MACEE is one of 50 such commissions worldwide.
Course Level: Scholarship is available to pursue the undergraduate programme.
Study Subject: Global UGRAD is open to all academic fields of study.
Scholarship Award: The scholarship will cover international travel, tuition, room and board, accident/sickness insurance, a small monthly stipend, and funding for books.
Scholarship can be taken in the USA
Eligibility: The following criteria must be met in order for applicants to be eligible for the scholarship:
- Applicants must be a citizen of Malaysia.
- Applicants must be studying in Malaysia.
- Scholarships will be granted to students who currently are enrolled in full-time undergraduate programs only, having completed a minimum of their first semester of study. Participants must have at least one semester or an equivalent term to complete at their home institutions upon completion of the Global UGRAD Program.
- Applicants should demonstrate leadership potential through academic work, community involvement, and extracurricular activities.
- Applicants must demonstrate a command of written and spoken English. The TOEFL exam will be required of those selected as finalists or alternates.
- Preference will be given to those who have had little or NO experience in the U.S. or outside of their home countries.
- Applicants must be committed to returning directly to their home country after the completion of the program.
- Applicants are over 18 years of age.
Nationality: Citizens of Malaysia are eligible to apply for this scholarship.
College Admission Requirement
Entrance Requirements: Scholarships will be granted to students who currently are enrolled in full-time undergraduate programs only, having completed a minimum of their first semester of study.
English language Requirements: Applicants must demonstrate a command of written and spoken English. The TOEFL exam will be required of those selected as finalists or alternates.
How to Apply: The mode of application is online.
Application Deadline: Scholarship application deadline is December 31, 2016.