Applicants are invited for Fulbright Research Scholar Award to study in the USA. The award is available for New Zealand students.
The aim of the award is to support New Zealand academic, artist or professional to lecture and/or conduct research at a US institution in the field of indigenous development.
The Fulbright Program, including the Fulbright–Hays Program, is an American scholarship program of competitive, merit-based grants for international educational exchange for students, scholars, teachers, professionals, scientists, and artists, founded by the United States Senator J. William Fulbright in 1946.
Course Level: Award is available for academic, artist or professional to lecture and/or conduct research.
Study Subject: Award is available in the field of indigenous development.
Scholarship Award: Award will cover the following:
- One award valued at up to US$37,500 is granted each year, towards three to five months of lecturing and/or research.
- International travel of US$3,000 for the grantee and US$2,000 for one dependent.
- A stipend of US$3,000 per month for the scholar and up to one dependent, for 3-5 months.
- A family allowance of US$500 per month for two or more dependents.
- The opportunity to participate in various programs and activities available to Fulbright scholars in the US, and to apply for supplementary awards where applicable.
- A basic health benefit plan covering a maximum of US$100,000 per sickness or injury.
Number of Scholarships: One award is offered each year.
Scholarship can be taken in the USA
Eligibility: The following criteria must be met in order for applicants to be eligible for the scholarship:
- Have a PhD or the equivalent professional or artistic training or experience.
- Plan to undertake full-time lecturing or research which fits within one of Ng? Pae o te M?ramatanga’s research themes at a US institution for a period of three to five months.
- Meet the citizenship requirements for this award.
Nationality: Applicants from New Zealand are eligible to apply for the award.
College Admission Requirement
Entrance Requirements: Applicants must have a PhD degree.
How to Apply: Applicants can apply via online:
- You must complete and submit an online application by the application deadline.
- You must also submit all required support documents to us by the application deadline.
- Interviews will be held in Wellington in November. Fulbright New Zealand will pay the costs of travel to Wellington only for applicants residing in New Zealand. Applicants
outside New Zealand who is unable to attend an interview in person may be disadvantaged.
- We will advise you of the outcome of your application by late November.
Application Deadline: The application deadline is October 1, 2017.