Applications are invited for Fulbright Student Scholarship Program for Lebanese citizen or a legal, long-term Palestinian resident in Lebanon.
Funded by the U.S. Government, the Fulbright Programme aims at achieving mutual understanding through academic and cultural exchange.
Fulbright scholarships will be awarded to applicants who demonstrate academic excellence, leadership qualities, and a commitment to improving cross cultural relations through international exchange.
For Minimum Institutional TOEFL score of 550 from AMIDEAST Egypt or any of the given ETS Authorized Distributors and/or ITP Testing Centers is required.
Course Level: Scholarship is available to pursue Master degree programme.
Study Subject: Scholarship is awarded for students who pursue a field of study benefiting Lebanese society and/or Lebanese-American relations.
Scholarship Award: The grant includes: roundtrip airfare between Lebanon and the United States, tuition, books, health insurance, and room and board. Funding is not available to meet the expenses of Fulbright students’ dependents (spouses, children, parents, etc.)
Number of Scholarships: Not Known
Scholarship can be taken in the USA
Eligibility: Applicants must meet the following requirements:
- Be a Lebanese citizen or a legal, long-term Palestinian resident in Lebanon.
- Reside in Lebanon at the time of the application.
- Cannot be a U.S. citizen or legal permanent resident (green card holder).
- Have a bachelor’s degree from an institution recognized by the Lebanese Ministry of Higher Education (or will graduate with a bachelor’s degree before summer 2018).
- Demonstrate academic excellence within his/her field of specialization.
- Pursue a field of study benefiting Lebanese society and/or Lebanese-American relations.
- Be applying for a master’s degree in any field of study except electrical, mechanical and computer engineering, dentistry, medicine, pharmacy, nursing, or other clinical fields (nursing administration is permitted).
- Students from all disciplines are welcome to apply, but priority will be given to fields of study in: humanities, social sciences, political science, public administration, journalism, urban planning, rural and economic development, entrepreneurship, gender studies or other fields that are not available in Lebanon.
- Obtain a minimum TOEFL score of 80 (internet-based test).
Nationality: Lebanese citizen or a legal, long-term Palestinian resident in Lebanon are eligible to apply for this scholarship.
College Admission Requirement
Entrance Requirements: Applicants must have a bachelor’s degree from an institution recognized by the Lebanese Ministry of Higher Education (or will graduate with a bachelor’s degree before summer 2018).
English language Requirements: Applicants must obtain a minimum TOEFL score of 80 (internet-based test).
How to Apply: Application Instructions
- TOEFL iBT score
Note: The paper-based ITP TOEFL available at AMIDEAST is acceptable at the time of application. Selected finalists will be required to take the TOEFL iBT for entry into graduate programs.
- One official transcript for each undergraduate and graduate degree (in English).
- Documentation of class rank (if available)
- Copy of all degrees in English (if available)
- Three sealed letters of recommendation (two from university professors). Letters of recommendation can be submitted online.Master of Business Administration (MBA) candidates: Three letters of recommendation (two from professional colleagues).
Note: All recommendations must be submitted on the official Fulbright letter of recommendation form available on the website. No one writing a recommendation should submit a letter using any other format.
- Curriculum vitae or résumé
- Copy of only the biodata information page in English from the applicant’s passport (if available)
- Two recent passport-sized photos with applicant’s name written on the back
Application Deadline: Scholarship application deadline is May 15, 2017.