Rabindranath Tagore Centre For Human Development Studies (A joint initiative of University of Calcutta and Institute of Development Studies Kolkata) announces its full-time PhD programme with fellowship 2009-10.
* Applications are invited for seven full-time PhD fellowships; two of which will be for in-service college / university teachers.
* Fellowship amount will be Rs 13,000-15,000 per month + contingencies as per rules of the Institute.
* Full pay protection will, however, be given to in-service teachers.
* Tenure of the fellowship will be for three years on the basis of annual appraisal.
* Fellowship awardee is expected to research on any of the following themes related to human development: Economic and Social Aspects of Education; Health and Nutrition; Employment; Finance; Partition & Migration; Sociology of Class Formation; Decentralisation and Development Communication.
NET / SLET / M Phil qualified and or having exceptionally brilliant academic record at UG/PG level in any of the disciplines of Economics, History, Political Science, Sociology, English Literature and Development Studies. Those who are awaiting NET/SLET results may also apply.
How to apply:
Each application should accompany the bio-data with a write-up of about 500 words on the proposed research theme.
Applications should reach the following address on or before July 31, 2009:
Professor Amiya Kumar Bagchi,
Director, Institute of Development Studies Kolkata,
Calcutta University Alipore Campus,
1 Reformatory Street,
Kolkata 700 027