Applications are invited for fully funded Erasmus Mundus SUNBEAM Scholarship Programme open for post-doctorate candidates only. Applicants from EU countries are eligible to apply for this scholarship program.
The Erasmus Mundus program’s overall aim is to promote European higher education, to help improve and enhance the career prospects of students and to promote intercultural understanding through cooperation with third countries, in accordance with EU external policy objectives in order to contribute to the sustainable development of third countries in the field of higher education.
SUNBEAM is an Erasmus Mundus Action 2 – Strand 1 project with the aim to interlink European and Western Balkans universities; it fits into the European policies on higher education by sharing the main objectives of such policies, like promotion of European higher education, improvement, and enhancement of the career prospects of students, promotion of the intercultural understanding through cooperation with third countries and sustainable development of third countries in the field of higher education.
Course Level: Scholarships are available to pursue the postdoctoral program.
Study Subject: This third call covers various disciplines with a strong focus on predetermined objectives related to the four pillars of the EU Strategy for the Adriatic-Ionian Region:
- Blue growth
- Environmental quality
- Connecting the region
- Sustainable tourism
Priority will be given to work plans related to these fields.
Scholarship Award: Scholarships cover subsistence costs at the Host University (e.g. accommodation, local transports, food, books, conferences etc.).
The amount of the scholarships is determined according to the mobility type, as detailed in the table below.
The project will also cover the following costs:
- Travel costs: 1 round trip to reach the Host University at the beginning of the mobility and to go back to the Home Country at the end of the mobility.
- Insurance coverage (health, travel, accident) for the duration of the mobility period.
- Participation costs: scholarships holders at any level will not be required to pay any fees at the Host Universities. Exchange students will continue paying their fees at their Home University.
- Visa and residence permit costs.
Number of Scholarships: Not Known
Scholarship can be taken in Mobilities must take place in one of the partner Universities of the SUNBEAM project.
Eligibility: The following criteria must be met in order for applicants to be eligible for the scholarship:
- Students, researchers, academic and administrative staff from universities in Albania, Bosnia and Herzegovina, Kosovo (as defined under UNSCR 1244/99), Montenegro, and Serbia (Target group 1, 2 or 3) who are nationals of one of these countries.
- Students, researchers, academic and administrative staff from partner universities in the EU (Target group 1) who are nationals of the EU.
- Undergraduate students must have finished at least one year of university studies.
- Applicants from the Western Balkans cannot have spent more than a total of 12 months over the last 5 years in any of the EU countries (doesn’t apply to staff & Target Group 3).
- Students cannot benefit from a second scholarship for the same type of mobility under another project under Erasmus Mundus Action 2 (Strand 1).
Nationality: Applicants from EU countries (Austria, Belgium, Bulgaria, Croatia, Republic of Cyprus, Czech Republic, Denmark, Estonia, Finland, France, Germany, Greece, Hungary, Ireland, Italy, Latvia, Lithuania, Luxembourg, Malta, Netherlands, Poland, Portugal, Romania, Slovakia, Slovenia, Spain, Sweden and the UK) are eligible to apply for this scholarship.
College Admission Requirement
Entrance Requirements: Applicants must have their previous degree.
English Language Requirements: Language certificates and other requirements are included in the academic offer of each partner university. If you have any doubts please contact the SUNBEAM contact person at the relevant University. Applicants must fulfil language requirements of the host university.
How to Apply: You must apply totally online on the project website and attach scans of all the required documents to your application form by the official SUNBEAM deadline.
Before applying, make sure you have carefully checked all of the following items:
- Which Target Group you belong to.
- Which Mobility Type you are eligible to apply to.
- Your desired academic field of study or academic/administrative activity during the mobility period (please visit fields of study)
- Your desired destination for the mobility period.
- Your desired mobility duration.
Application Deadline: The latest date to start mobility under the Third call is December 31, 2017.