The Faculty of Engineering and Built Environment (FEBE) at the University of Newcastle is delighted to offer its Fully Funded FEBE Golden Jubilee Commemorative International Scholarships. The scholarships will provide full payment of tuition fees each semester for the duration of an undergraduate program (up to 5 years).
The scholarships aimed at encouraging and supporting academically gifted international students to enroll in a program with the Faculty of Engineering and Built Environment at the University of Newcastle.
The University of Newcastle (UoN), informally known as Newcastle University, is an Australian public university established in 1965. It has a primary campus in Callaghan, a suburb of Newcastle, New South Wales
Course Level: Scholarships are available to pursue undergraduate programme.
Study Subject: Scholarships are awarded in the subjects offered by the university.
Scholarship Award: Scholarships will cover the following:
- This scholarship will provide full payment of tuition fees each semester for the duration of an undergraduate program (up to 5 years), subject to the scholar’s continued eligibility and compliance with ongoing conditions.
Number of Scholarships: Two scholarships are available.
Scholarship can be taken in Australia
Eligibility: The following criteria must be met in order for applicants to be eligible for the scholarship:
- Be a new student to the University of Newcastle.
- Be enrolling or recently enrolled in an undergraduate program within the Faculty of Engineering and Built Environment commencing in the year of the scholarship offer.
- Be enrolled full-time (minimum 30 units).
- Be enrolling at the Callaghan Campus.
- Be eligible for entry to the program as a full-fee paying international student.
- Have completed an Australian Degree Transfer Program or a 3-year Diploma or an equivalent program of at least two (2) years duration issued not more than five (5) years prior to the proposed commencement date of study at the University of Newcastle.
- Not hold another Australian scholarship or have completed a previous Australian undergraduate degree program.
- Not hold another scholarship (excluding Commonwealth Scholarships).
Nationality: International students are eligible to apply for the scholarship.
College Admission Requirement
Entrance Requirements: Applicants must have completed an Australian Degree Transfer Program or a 3-year Diploma or an equivalent program.
English Language Requirements: Applicants must have excellent written and verbal English skills.
How to Apply: Applicants can apply via online:
- If documentation is not provided with your application will not be processed. Please have all required documents available for upload as PDF, DOC, DOCX, JPEG, or JPG files prior to completing the online application process.
- A written statement which outlines your academic achievements and career aspirations and demonstrates your interest in progressing to Research Higher Degree candidature.
- Any documents confirming that you are ranked top three (3) in your Australian Degree Transfer Program or 3-year Diploma or equivalent program.
- Selection of the scholar will be on the basis of:
- Academic Achievement (including rank) in previously completed studies.
- Detailed results of all courses completed in the program.
- Assessment of written statement (career aspirations upon completion of the program and research interests).
- Any other supporting statements or documents,
- Unsuccessful applicants may be considered for the separate Faculty of Engineering and Built Environment International Student Scholarship if eligibility criteria for this scholarship are met.
- All applicants must have applied for Admission to UON prior to submitting a scholarship application. International students who are seeking advanced standing or credit transfers from other institutions, and who have applied to study with UON, may also submit an application for this scholarship.
Application Deadline: The application deadline is December 10, 2017.