The Master in High-Performance Computing (MHPC) programme, coordinated by ICTP and the International School for Advanced Studies (SISSA) is inviting applications for scholarships for students of developing countries for the 2018-2019 academic year.
The Master’s Degree in High-Performance Computing is a cutting-edge program designed to prepare students for the rapidly growing field of high-performance computing.
The Abdus Salam International Centre for Theoretical Physics (ICTP) is an international research institute for physical and mathematical sciences that operates under a tripartite agreement between the Italian Government, United Nations Educational, Scientific and Cultural Organization (UNESCO), and International Atomic Energy Agency (IAEA).
- Application Deadline: April 20, 2018
- Course Level: Scholarships are available to pursue Master degree programme.
- Study Subject: Scholarships are awarded to pursue Master in High-Performance Computing (MHPC) Programme.
- Scholarship Award: Should you wish to follow the master course without a sponsor, the fee for attending the full course is € 7.000. Details about payment methods and schedules will be communicated to the selected students. Please note that the tuition fee is not due until the beginning of the academic year.
- Nationality: Scholarships are available to students of developing countries:
- Number of Scholarships: Numbers not given
- Scholarship can be taken in Italy
Eligibility for the Scholarship:
Eligible Countries: Scholarships are available to students of developing countries:
Afghanistan, Albania, Algeria, American Samoa, Angola, Argentina, Armenia, Azerbaijan, Bangladesh, Belarus, Belize, Benin, Bhutan, Bolivia, Bosnia and Herzegovina, Botswana, Brazil, Bulgaria, Burkina Faso, Burundi, Cambodia, Cameroon, Cape Verde* (Capo Verde), Central African Republic, Chad, China, Colombia, Comoros, Congo, Dem. Rep., Congo, Rep., Costa Rica, Côte d’Ivoire, Cuba, Djibouti, Dominica, Dominican Republic, Ecuador, Egypt, Arab Rep., El Salvador, Eritrea, Ethiopia, Fiji, Gabon, Gambia, The Georgia, Ghana, Grenada, Guatemala, Guinea, Guinea-Bissau, Guyana, Haiti, Honduras, Hong Kong, Hungary, India, Indonesia, Iran, Islamic Rep., Iraq, Jamaica, Jordan, Kazakhstan, Kenya, Kiribati, Korea, Dem Rep., Kosovo, Kyrgyz Republic, Lao PDR, Lebanon, Lesotho, Liberia, Libya, Macedonia, FYR, Madagascar, Malawi, Malaysia, Maldives, Mali, Marshall Islands, Mauritania, Mauritius, Mexico, Micronesia, Fed. Sts., Moldova, Mongolia, Montenegro, Morocco, Mozambique, Myanmar, Namibia, Nepal, Nicaragua, Niger, Nigeria, Pakistan, Palau, Panama, Papua New Guinea, Paraguay, Peru, Philippines, Romania, Rwanda, Samoa, São Tomé and Principe, Senegal, Serbia, Seychelles, Sierra Leone, Solomon Islands, Somalia, South Africa, South Sudan, Sri Lanka, St. Lucia, St. Vincent and the Grenadines, Sudan, Suriname, Swaziland, Syrian Arab Republic, Tajikistan, Tanzania, Thailand, Timor-Leste, Togo, Tonga, Tunisia, Turkey, Turkmenistan, Tuvalu, Uganda, Ukraine, Uzbekistan, Vanuatu, Venezuela, RB, Vietnam, West Bank and Gaza, Yemen, Rep., Zambia and Zimbabwe.
Entrance Requirements: To be eligible for this scholarship you must meet the following requirements:
- The ideal student for the MHPC has a strong interest in information technology problems driven by scientific research or industrial needs.
- An academic Master Degree is required, although equivalent work experience may also be considered. Work experience will be evaluated during the admissions interview.
- No prior HPC knowledge is assumed, but candidates should have some experience in programming and a competence in one of the following languages: C, C++, Fortran.
- A sound knowledge of Linux operating system is also needed.
- A knowledge of Python language is assumed at the level of the first 39 exercises of the learn python the hard way.
English Language Requirements: Applicants must be fluent in English.
How to Apply: The mode of application is online.