Applications are invited for the Middle East & Northern Africa (MENA) Fellowship Program for the students of Algeria, Egypt, Iraq, Jordan, Lebanon, Libya, Morocco, Palestinian Territories, Syria or Yemen. This is a fully funded fellowship available in the Netherlands.
ISPA is a global network of more than 500 leaders in the performing arts with representation from more than 185 cities and all regions of the globe. ISPA members include facilities, performing arts organizations, artist managers, competitions, funders, consultants and other professionals working in the performing arts.
- Application Deadline: March 23, 2018
- Course Level: Fellowships are available to early to mid-career leaders from the MENA performing arts community.
- Study Subject: Fellowships are awarded in Performing Arts.
- Scholarship Award: In 2018, Fellows receive:
- One-year ISPA membership with access to all member benefits
- Full Pass registration to the Leeuwarden-Friesland Congress (June 11 – 15, 2018) including the Anthony Field Academy prior to the Congress.
- Up to $2,300 US to assist with travel and accommodation expenses related to attending the Congress.
- Nationality: Students from Algeria, Egypt, Iraq, Jordan, Lebanon, Libya, Morocco, Palestinian Territories, Syria or Yemen are eligible.
- Number of Scholarships: Up to three fellowships are available.
- Scholarship can be taken in the Netherlands
Eligibility for the Scholarship:
Eligible Countries: Be performing arts management professionals from one of the following countries: Algeria, Egypt, Iraq, Jordan, Lebanon, Libya, Morocco, Palestinian Territories, Syria or Yemen.
Entrance Requirements: The MENA Fellowship Program seeks to engage leaders working in the management of all professional performing arts.
- Be performing arts management professionals from one of the following countries: Algeria, Egypt, Iraq, Jordan, Lebanon, Libya, Morocco, Palestinian Territories, Syria or Yemen
- Be currently employed/working in the performing arts
- Have a minimum of five years professional experience in the arts
- Not currently be a member of ISPA (nor have been one in the past three years) or associated with a current organizational ISPA member
- Have the ability to attend and fully participate in the Leeuwarden-Friesland ISPA Congress (June 11 – 15, 2018)
English Language Requirements: Participants must have a strong working knowledge of English to successfully participate in the program.
How to Apply: To apply to the MENA Fellowship Program, please download and review the application instructions and submit the online application form. Applications are reviewed and selected by the Fellowship Review Committee which consists of members of British Council and ISPA staff.
Below are the main sections of the application form. Please use this as a guideline to prepare answers prior to beginning the online application form. Applicant Information | Applicants are asked to provide general contact information including name, address, email, etc. and a short biography (150 words or less).
Personal Testimony | Applicants are asked to answer 6 questions (Each limited to 250 words or less).
Question 1 How did you hear about ISPA and the Regional Fellowship Program?
Question 2 Tell us what you are currently doing in relation to the performing arts?
Question 3 Tell us about your career and life objectives?
Question 4 Why do you feel participating in ISPA at this time would be beneficial for you and/or your organization? Question 5 What do you feel you will contribute to both ISPA as well as to the Congress?
Question 6 How will you share the knowledge gained through the ISPA Regional Fellowship Program with the arts leaders in your community?
CV/Resume | Applicants are asked to upload their CV/Resume in PDF format (saved as lastname_firstname.pdf). Please also be prepared to list your current employment including employer name, job title, employer address, dates of employment, and a brief paragraph describing responsibilities.
References | Applicants are asked for the contact information of two professional references (letters not required). Please be prepared to provide their name, job title, organization name, phone number, and email.
Submit | Applicants may do a final review of his/her application by clicking on the “back” button on the bottom of each page. When satisfied, please press submits to receive an on-screen message confirming receipt. If you do not receive a confirmation message, please contact Nora Fleury at nfleury-at-ispa.org or +1 (212) 206-8490 x201 to ensure the application was received.