Ghent University is delighted to offer Ph.D. Fellowship in Russian literature at the Department of Languages and Cultures. The successful candidate will work on a research project on the interwar Russian émigré historical novel and prepare a dissertation on the topic.
Ghent University is a top 100 university and one of the major universities in Belgium. Our 11 faculties offer a wide range of courses and conduct in-depth research in both exact and social sciences. Ghent University aims to encourage its students to adopt a critical approach within a creative, development-oriented educational and research environment.
Course Level: Fellowship is available to pursue a doctoral research program.
Study Subject: Fellowship is awarded in Russian literature at the Department of Languages and Cultures.
Scholarship Award: Scholarship award:
- A fully funded four-year fellowship as a Ph.D. student (continuation being subject to positive evaluation after two years);
- A substantial bench fee for research purposes;
- The possibility to acquire academic and transferable skills through Ghent University’s Doctoral School program;
- You will be based in the Department of Languages and Cultures at Ghent University’s Faculty of Arts and Philosophy.
Number of Scholarships: Not Known
Scholarship can be taken in Belgium
Eligibility: The following criteria must be met in order for applicants to be eligible for the scholarship:
- You hold a Master’s degree in Slavic and East European studies or an equivalent degree. The degree requirements need to be fulfilled at the start of your appointment;
- You have demonstrable interest in (research on) Russian (émigré) literature;
- You have an excellent command of Russian;
- You have excellent oral and written communication skills in English;
- You are interested in participating in a larger research project and have the skills to work both independently as well as in a team;
- You will write and successfully defend a Ph.D. dissertation within the four years of the fellowship;
- You will contribute to the scholarly activities of the research group.
Nationality: International applicants are eligible to apply for this fellowship program.
College Admission Requirement
Entrance Requirements: Applicants must have Master degree in Slavic and East European studies or an equivalent degree.
English Language Requirements: You have excellent oral and written communication skills in English.
How to Apply: A summary of the research project and further information about the position are available upon request.
Submit your application via email to Ben.Dhooge-at-UGent.be by October 2, 2017.
Applications should include:
- A cover letter, in which you specify why you are interested in the project and why you consider yourself a suitable candidate
- A CV
- Transcripts of records (degree, grades, etc.)
- A writing sample (excerpt from your Master’s thesis, article, etc.)
The four components of the application should be combined into one PDF file.
Additionally, a letter of recommendation should be sent by two referees directly to Ben.Dhooge-at-UGent.be no later than October 9, 2017.
Application Deadline: Fellowship application deadline is October 2, 2017.