Applications are invited for PhD student – FWO strategic-basic-research fellowship (SB) in Influence of Gut Microbiota to Inflammatory Pathology. Applicants from EU, the EER or Switzerland countries are eligible to apply for this scholarship program.
A Doctoral (PhD) Grant Strategic Basic Research allows young researchers to develop strategic thinking and innovation-oriented scientists.
FWO seeks to develop students of faith, intellect, and character who have the skills and the desire to continue learning and to serve others throughout their lives.
The Research Foundation – Flanders (FWO) is an independent agency that stimulates and supports ground-breaking fundamental research in all areas of science at the universities in the Flemish Community, including associated research institutes.
Course Level: Fellowship is available to pursue the PhD program.
Study Subject: Fellowship is awarded within the GE01 – Department of Internal Medicine.
Scholarship Award: Amount of scholarship:
- Period: 2 years, renewable once
- Net scholarship amount: minimum € 1,897.76
- Fixed bench fee: €3,720 per year
Number of Scholarships: Not Known
Scholarship can be taken in Belgium
Eligibility: The following criteria must be met in order for applicants to be eligible for the scholarship:
- You have a master degree from one of the countries of the EU, the EER or Switzerland.
- You have obtained this degree with at least ‘distinction’ (cum laude), and no longer than 5 years ago.
- You have not previously received an FWO (or an IWT) fellowship (not even in part).
- At the beginning of the fellowship (January 1stfollowing the call, you have no more than 18 months of scientific experience.
- You can apply maximum two times for the same fellowship
- You agree with the Research Integrity Clause
Nationality: Applicants from EU, the EER or Switzerland countries are eligible to apply for this scholarship program.
College Admission Requirement
Entrance Requirements: Applicants must have Master degree in biomedical sciences, biotechnology, medicine or equivalent.
English Language Requirements: Applicants whose first language is not English are usually required to provide evidence of proficiency in English at the higher level required by the University.
How to Apply: The following forms are available via the e-portal and completed forms can also be uploaded there:
- Application for bicycle allowance
- Cumulation request
- Restrictions of assignments
- Notice of stay abroad
- Notice of assignments
Application Deadline: Scholarship application deadline is September 15, 2017.